Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Help with hospital
-> General Discussion Groups

#1: Help with hospital Author: Poipu04Location: Connecticut PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:36 pm
    ----
One of the members of my website is trying to find an address for a hospital in Foggia where her uncle is getting treatment for a brain tumor. She believes San Giovanni is part of the hospital's name. He lives in Celenza Valfortore so Foggia and Campobasso are the largest nearby cities. Do any of our Italian friends on gente think they can look online or venture a guess as to which hospitals she should call to look for him?

#2: Re: Help with hospital Author: BillieDeKidLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:54 pm
    ----
Italy, Foggia
Hospital " Casa Sollievo della Sofferenza" - Unit of Nephrology Not yet recruiting
San Giovanni Rotondo, Foggia, Italy
Sub-Investigator: Rachele Grifa, MD
Hospital "Casa Solievo della Sofferenza" - Division of Endocrinology Not yet recruiting
San Giovanni Rotondo, Foggia, Italy
Contact: Vincenzo Trischitta, MD vincenzo.trischitta @ uniroma1.it
Sub-Investigator: Salvatore De Cosmo, MD

#3: Re: Help with hospital Author: charliemisLocation: Philadelphia PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:18 pm
    ----
there is one huge oespedale in San Giovanni Rotondo ---- San Giovanni is loacated about 30 minutes from the city of Foggia.....My cousin's wife went there for her cancer surgery and we saw it while visiting there.

#4: Re: Help with hospital Author: Cathy PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:10 pm
    ----
Isn't the Casa Sollievo della Sofferenza in San Giovanni Rotundo the hospital founded by Padre Pio? If I lived near there that is where I would go!

#5: Re: Help with hospital Author: Poipu04Location: Connecticut PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:13 pm
    ----
Thank you so much for looking for me. I will pass the info. to my contact. It is so sad because by pure coincidence, her relatives are some of the people we met when we visited Celenza. In fact, the wife of the man with the tumor is one person I wrote about on my web site on the page about Celenzani in Waterbury. We bought a china box from her store.

#6: Re: Help with hospital Author: donna PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:07 am
    ----
I just wanted to thank everyone for the response of helping me find a hospital in Foggia where my uncle is. I will try to call there (hopefully somebody speaks English!!!!!). Thank you everybody. Donna

#7: Re: Help with hospital Author: BillieDeKidLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:20 am
    ----
Good luck Donna. My prayers are with your uncle and all of your family.

#8: Re: Help with hospital Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:41 pm
    ----
Hi Donna...
If you have problems with language at the hospital just let me know and I will willingly make a call to see if that IS the right place.

Could be that we 'may' be able to arange a paid Skype link-up so I could translate for you if it IS the right place. Just let me know if I can help in any way!

#9: Re: Help with hospital Author: Poipu04Location: Connecticut PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:57 pm
    ----
I will make sure Donna checks this thread. Carole, thank you so much for your offer, especially since you have been under the weather. You have a truly good heart.

-> General Discussion Groups