Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: I have a challenge...sort of :)
-> Northern Italy

#1: I have a challenge...sort of :) Author: chanchisfea PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:18 am
    ----
A friend of mine from Chile was asking me what he should do in order to further the research on his italian ancestors. I told him that the best way to go is to check the FHC website and order films for the town/region/etc. from which his ancestors originally came from.

Well, today I figured I would help him with the search and as I was looking up microfilms for the area, I found NONE! Shocked

I'm either looking for the wrong thing, perhaps the town belonged to another region or there is definitely no microfilms to be found for the town(s) he mentioned to me. *double gasp*

So, my challenge is to see if anyone here either can help me locate a microfilm for the town(s) or maybe, just maybe have anyone here who frequents their FHC check to see if they have microfilms available already at their center for said town(s)...

The town(s) my friend mentioned were: Pentema and Torriglia in Liguria.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated kiss

Liz Cool

#2: Re: I have a challenge...sort of :) Author: JamesBiancoLocation: Westfield, MA. PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:15 pm
    ----
So much of Northern Italy has not been microfilmed by the LDS church. My great-grandmother's area of Provincia Belluno for one.

I don't know if this helps, but this town.. Pentema Torriglia is in the Province of Genova. They filmed the actual city (and all its hamlets)

Registri dello stato civile, 1866-1874 Foce (Genova). Ufficio dello stato civile

Registri dello stato civile, 1866-1874 Marassi (Genova). Ufficio dello stato civile

Registri dello stato civile, 1866-1874 Multedo (Genova). Ufficio dello stato civile

Registri dello stato civile, 1866-1874 San Francesco d'Albaro (Genova). Ufficio dello stato civile

Registri dello stato civile, 1866-1874 San Martino d'Albaro (Genova). Ufficio dello stato civile

Registri dello stato civile, 1866-1874 Staglieno (Genova). Ufficio dello stato civile

Registri dello stato civile, 1866-1910 Quarto al Mare (Genova). Ufficio dello stato civile

Registri dello stato civile, 1866-1910 Quinto al Mare (Genova). Ufficio dello stato civile

Registri dello stato civile, 1866-1910 San Giovanni Battista (Genova). Ufficio dello stato civile

Registri dello stato civile, 1866-1910 Sant'Ilario Ligure (Genova). Ufficio dello stato civile

Registri dello stato civile, 1866-1915 San Quirico in Val Polcevera (Genova). Ufficio dello stato civile

Registri dello stato civile, 1866-1925 Genova (Genova). Ufficio dello stato civile

Registri dello stato civile, 1866-1927 Apparizione (Genova). Ufficio dello stato civile

Registri dello stato civile, 1866-1927 Borzoli (Genova). Ufficio dello stato civile

Registri dello stato civile, 1866-1927 PrĂ  (Genova). Ufficio dello stato civile

Registri dello stato civile, 1866-1927 Struppa (Genova). Ufficio dello stato civile

Registri dello stato civile, 1866-1929 Bavari (Genova). Ufficio dello stato civile

Registri dello stato civile, 1866-1929 Bolzaneto (Genova). Ufficio dello stato civile

Registri dello stato civile, 1866-1929 Cornigliano Ligure (Genova). Ufficio dello stato civile

Registri dello stato civile, 1866-1929 Molassana (Genova). Ufficio dello stato civile

Registri dello stato civile, 1866-1929 Nervi (Genova). Ufficio dello stato civile

Registri dello stato civile, 1866-1929 Pegli (Genova). Ufficio dello stato civile

Registri dello stato civile, 1866-1929 Pontedecimo (Genova). Ufficio dello stato civile

Registri dello stato civile, 1866-1929 Rivarolo Ligure (Genova). Ufficio dello stato civile

Registri dello stato civile, 1866-1929 San Pier d'Arena (Genova). Ufficio dello stato civile

Registri dello stato civile, 1866-1929 Sestri Ponente (Genova). Ufficio dello stato civile

Registri dello stato civile, 1866-1929 Voltri (Genova). Ufficio dello stato civile

but none of the towns around Genova.

Sad

#3: Re: I have a challenge...sort of :) Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:43 pm
    ----
I'm sure that this story of lack of LDS microfilms is repeated in many areas of northern Italy. It makes one wonder why doesn't it?

A couple of theories I have are:

1. The population is far greater in the northern regions and therefore the job has been put aside for when central and southern Italy are completed.

2. Far fewer northern Italians were forced into leaving their homeland by poverty than were those from the south. So records will be more useful to those emigrants who left than those who didn't!

#4: Re: I have a challenge...sort of :) Author: chanchisfea PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:48 pm
    ----
Thank you Jim Smile

Would you know, from the list that you posted, which of those would Pentema be closest to??? Maybe that's how I can narrow down the search...*crossing fingers* hide

Carole, I think you might be on to something. Wink

Liz Cool

#5: Re: I have a challenge...sort of :) Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:03 pm
    ----
Have a look here.... it's not really THAT near to Genova:

>Google Map<

Looks to me that it is nearer to Marzano...

#6: Re: I have a challenge...sort of :) Author: LucaLocation: Terni - Italy PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:49 pm
    ----
With the info he already owns, he can write to the Comune and ask for further docs: this is the site
www.comune.torriglia.ge.it/
and this the mail of the registry office
anagrafe @ comune.torriglia.ge.it (no spaces)

Luca

#7: Re: I have a challenge...sort of :) Author: chanchisfea PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:35 am
    ----
Thank you Luca, I think him emailing the comune will be the best thing he can do. kiss

Liz Cool

-> Northern Italy