Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Writing more letters..........
-> General Discussion Groups

#1: Writing more letters.......... Author: lilbeesLocation: Georgia, USA PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:01 pm
    ----
Here I go again! Need to have the address for the Archives and Stato Civile for Carlentini, Siracusa, Italy.

Received a document from the Prelature of Tunis with a marriage record for a family member. On it is stated "town of origin" Carlentini, Sicily. I guess I will be digging around that area for a while.

If anyone is familiar with Siracusa are they receptive to email requests or does it all have to be posted letters? Helpful or otherwise? I guess the questions would be, RESPONSIVE?? It seems the most success I have read about is for Sicily. So hoping I can learn something.

Thanks all,
lilbees

#2: Re: Writing more letters.......... Author: stevenspringerLocation: Port Jefferson Station, NY PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:47 pm
    ----
taken from riccardos post

Hello
you can find civil records in Carlentini to the following address

Comune
Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Contrada Rosana
CAP 96013
Carlentini (SR) Italy

or rent Carlentini civil record microfilms to FHL (mormon church)

www.familysearch.org/E...o+civile++

or contact Archivio di Stato di Siracusa

www.archivi.beniculturali.it/

I hope it helps, bye Riccardo Laughing

#3: Re: Writing more letters.......... Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:00 pm
    ----
Here are two e-mail addresses too. The first for the Mayor (Sindaco), the second the 'general' e-mail address

sindaco.carlentini@tin.it

carlentini @ tin.it

#4: Re: Writing more letters.......... Author: lilbeesLocation: Georgia, USA PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 3:30 pm
    ----
Thank you all for the addresses I requested.

Much appreciated.
lilbees

#5: Re: Writing more letters.......... Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:31 pm
    ----
Just for reference, I have a page with the Italian Archives on it:

www.gentedimareitalian...hives.html

If anyone finds anything that needs correcting, please let me know. Thanks.

#6: Re: Writing more letters.......... Author: lilbeesLocation: Georgia, USA PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:45 pm
    ----
How did I miss it. I thought I looked on the resource pages or am I looking in the wrong place.

lilbees

#7: Re: Writing more letters.......... Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:50 pm
    ----
No worries lilbees..maybe I forgot to link it there. Its on my website though and at least now you will have reference to it if you need it! Smile

#8: Re: Writing more letters.......... Author: lilbeesLocation: Georgia, USA PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:51 pm
    ----
Now have your site bookmarked.

Thank you.
lilbees

#9: Re: Writing more letters.......... Author: lilbeesLocation: Georgia, USA PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:57 pm
    ----
By the way, found films at the LDS for Carlentini, Siracusa, etc. Will be going to the Roswell GA LDS library on Tuesday. Good hours, Tue 10-6, Thur 10-9, Sat 9-1. They also have pretty good equipment from what I understand and only about 15 minutes away. When I talked with them they seemed very friendly.

I have other films I will need for another part of my family but first things first. Since I am not familiar with what I am going to review I know it will be slow going. Have my reference books ready. Any other suggestions as to what I may need?

lilbees

lilbees

#10: Re: Writing more letters.......... Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:10 pm
    ----
Yes...take a few minutes to get familiar with the films. Figure out if there is an index for each year, town and look through it first for reference to your surnames. If anything, make copies of the indexes first and take them home to look them over at your leisure. Some indici are at the front of the film (year) some are at the end. Marriages can be indexed by first names. If there is more then one comune, year or type of record on the film (birth, marriage, death) then write in a notebook a reference since it will not have the info on the indici page.

Have a look at our sites where we have copied full years and you will understand.

www.calabriaexchange.c...tions.html

You will figure everything out in no time so don't stress too much. And remember..we are here to help if you need us! kiss

-> General Discussion Groups