Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Italian Strawberry 'Semi-freddo' Pudding With Chocolate Sauc
-> Recipes

#1: Italian Strawberry 'Semi-freddo' Pudding With Chocolate Sauc Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:54 pm
    ----
Given me by an elderly Italian friend, this easy to make delicious 'dolce' should keep the kids (not to mention the grown-ups), happy on those hot summer days...

I tasted it for the first time a couple of years ago - loved it and so asked her for the recipe.
Hope you enjoy it!

Italian Strawberry 'Semi-freddo' Pudding With Chocolate Sauce

Ingredients

(for 6 people):
5 egg yolks
200g icing sugar
500ml whipped cream
Plain chocolate sauce
250g fresh (small) strawberries
Lemon juice
Sponge cake

Preparation:
Beat the egg yolks, together with 150g of the icing sugar, really well, then carefully
add the whipped cream.

Put one third of the resulting cream in another dish and add two thirds of the stawberrys after passing them through a blender with 50g of icing sugar and the juice of half a medium lemon.

Using a small oblong bread tin

(if it is not a 'silicone' one then line it with cling film).

Now put a first layer of the cream, then a layer of sponge cake, wet this with the remaining stawberry syrup, then cover with a layer of the cream made with the strawberrys, eggs and sugar.

Cover the tin with clingfilm and place in the freezer for at least 5 hours.

When it is time to serve it, remove the clingfilm cover, place a serving plate over the tin and turn upside down onto the plate.

Serve with a drizzle of plain chocolate sauce on each portion.

#2: Re: Italian Strawberry 'Semi-freddo' Pudding With Chocolate Sauc Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:42 pm
    ----
Jen is going to love this. I think we will make it next weekend as a special treat to myself..

Wink Wink

-> Recipes