Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Grateful for help with Reply from Frosinone
-> Translations

#1: Grateful for help with Reply from Frosinone Author: EmmyLocation: Scotland PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:11 pm
    ----
This is a copy of the reply I received from Archivo di Stato Frosinone.
I did write and request for a copy of my grandparents marriage certifcate and I did include a copy of their birth acts but it seems they have sent me another version of a birth act. Not really sure what the letter says. Be grateful if someone could help with the translation.

Having difficulty getting images downloaded so I'll send the other part separately
Emmy

#2: Re: Grateful for help with Reply from Frosinone Author: EmmyLocation: Scotland PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:16 pm
    ----
This is the other document they sent
Emmy

#3: Re: Grateful for help with Reply from Frosinone Author: ricbruLocation: TRENTO - ITALIA PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:39 pm
    ----
I understand what happened. Since as stated from Ufficio Stato Civile di Sant'Elia, most civil records where destroyed from bombing of WWII, that about Francesca is a record "remade" from the informations took from the other birth destroyed, or what remained left.
They have nothing about Giovan Battista because those civil records start from 1861 to Archivio di Stato di Frosinone
Now, since there must be a second copy of civil records about Sant'elia, these are not available, as the italian law says, because they are kept in the court house
This is the address of the courth house in frosinone

Archivio di Stato Civile c/o
TRIBUNALE DI FROSINONE
Via Fedele Calvosa
00300 Frosinone (FR)
ITALY

Centralino: 0775.3611
Fax: 0775.203269
Posta elettronica:
tribunale.frosinone @ giustizia.it

Give a try and let's cross fingers
ciao Riccardo

#4: Re: Grateful for help with Reply from Frosinone Author: EmmyLocation: Scotland PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:12 pm
    ----
I'll post the same letter to the address you have given and fingers crossed they may just have that elusive document, it's worth a try. Will let you know when I get a reply.
Many Thanks Riccardo
God Bless
Emmy

#5: Re: Grateful for help with Reply from Frosinone Author: ricbruLocation: TRENTO - ITALIA PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:33 pm
    ----
ok go ahead
let's cross fingers
bye Riccardo

-> Translations