Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Great help with keeping records organised
-> Resource Pages

#1: Great help with keeping records organised Author: EmmyLocation: Scotland PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:09 am
    ----
Last week a friend let me see a booklet she had bought a while ago for recording her records and I have managed to get some copies of it. £3 each -not expensive. It's A4 'paperback' with a glossy front cover saying 'The Family Record'
This is ideal for giving the family a copy of records. The good thing is its going to keep all my records in one place now. The centre pages contain two separate family trees left side for father's family and right side for mother's family. Records for 5 generations.
From the centre pages to the front is your father's family and from the centre to the back is your mother's family. Each entry on the centre page is numbered and the corresponding page in the book will hold all the information about that person.
I also bought a blank A3 family tree. great to see everything at one glance.
Just thought I'd share.

Emmy
Just in case anyone is interested in buying a copy this is the link
www.anesfhs.org.uk/publ.htm#series5
scroll down: the number of the book is AA535: there is also a page that gives the cost of postage outwith the UK
This is their emailaddress etc.
E-mail: enquiries @ anesfhs.org.uk

#2: Re: Great help with keeping records organised Author: RobertLocation: London, UK PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:36 pm
    ----
That's very useful - thank you for sharing.

#3: Re: Great help with keeping records organised Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:55 pm
    ----
Yes..I am right into organization these days so I appreciate the link. Thanks! Smile

#4: Re: Great help with keeping records organised Author: lilbeesLocation: Georgia, USA PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:09 pm
    ----
You know, I thought I was really organized until today.............

I'll be darned where the document is that gave me the baptismal record of one of my newly found cousins. Its one of those "I had it" and entered the information. Now I can't find the document. I wanted to insert an image of it into my genealogy software.

I have filed so many papers today, one by one, in search for that document. Darned if I can find it. I know it didn't leave this room. Probably stuck to something else. As you all know, there is a lot of paperwork that it could be stuck to.

If I get that book it will be one more place I might stick something I don't want to loose. Must be old age Confused

Again, patience will reign. Neutral Neutral Neutral

lilbees

-> Resource Pages