Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: I Bought a house!
-> General Discussion Groups

#16: *UPDATE* Author: JamesBiancoLocation: Westfield, MA. PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:16 pm
    ----
(wishes I could delete posts)

Last edited by JamesBianco on Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

#17: *UPDATE* Author: JamesBiancoLocation: Westfield, MA. PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:18 pm
    ----
(wishes even more that I could delete posts)

Last edited by JamesBianco on Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

#18: *UPDATE* Author: JamesBiancoLocation: Westfield, MA. PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:21 pm
    ----
(sigh)

Last edited by JamesBianco on Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

#19: *UPDATE* Author: JamesBiancoLocation: Westfield, MA. PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:22 pm
    ----
Well, I chose not to buy that house after I hired an inspector. I had plans for what I wanted to do with it and the land. The inspection results were not good (I won't go into detail except to say high water line and mold in the basement). My desired renovations would not have been possible without almost an additional $100K. The house was nearly 60 years old, and if I was going to invest that much more, I could spend that upfront and get a new house with everything I planned to do.
So I did just that...

I haven't said much, nor been around because I was house shopping like mad these past two months. Three weeks ago (yea that recent) I found the perfect house, everything I hoped for and more! It is brand new, built 11 months ago and literally without a flaw. The closing was friday, I own the property now so I guess I can....

party

(do the bannana dance)

and here are two pictures I took yesterday...

and Carole (because you said I would need a tractor...) This is what arrived yesterday!!!! (this picture was taken from inside my garage)

They delivered the beds and matresses today (I need to leave my condo furnished until it sells, shows better my realtor tells me), installed the cable internet and TV, and mom and I hung blinds in the garage (she thinks someone will steal the brand new Deere) and bathrooms.

Tomorrow we're doing the mailbox and upstairs blinds.

There are no appliances yet (as I said it's brand new) as a housewarming gift my aunt is going to buy those for me. She is busy with The Big E until September 28th (she owns 6 locations on the grounds) and then we will go shopping. As soon as that is done, I'll hire a mover and start moving in. Until then...

I have SO much to do.

#20: Re: I Bought a house! Author: EmmyLocation: Scotland PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:10 pm
    ----
James your house looks fantastic
Its a blessing you found out all the faults before everything was signed and sealed you definately wouldnt want all those problems with your first home.
Now , your sit on mower, just what I needed for my garden- when Iwas thinking of buying one they brought it to my garden to let me try it out - I had difficulty getting on and then once I was on I couldnt get off the darned thing Shocked and had to be helped (almosted lifted) off. So now I just pay a man to cut the grass for me- !!!
James, wishing you lots of pleasure getting your new home fitted out.
kiss Emmy

#21: Re: I Bought a house! Author: stevenspringerLocation: Port Jefferson Station, NY PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:10 pm
    ----
nice house!

#22: Re: I Bought a house! Author: Cathy PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:15 pm
    ----
Congratulations Jim! So where is the guest bedroom and when do I get the invite? Wink Just kidding! Good luck with your wonderful new home.
Hugs.

#23: Re: I Bought a house! Author: lilbeesLocation: Georgia, USA PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:36 pm
    ----
James, your new home is beautiful! May you enjoy it. Love the size of your yard. You can do almost anything with it.

lilbees

#24: Re: I Bought a house! Author: ricbruLocation: TRENTO - ITALIA PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 2:07 am
    ----
Congratulation Jim, I really like it
Good job
hus Riccardo

#25: Re: I Bought a house! Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 2:14 am
    ----
Congrats!!!
I look forward for a party!

#26: Re: I Bought a house! Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:22 am
    ----
I'm definately with Livio (party) on this...

But hey man? All the silence started to get me worried Shocked ! Obviously needed though as you were busy shopping!

All joking apart thought - James, your house is wonderful. I think you were right too in ditching that other one with 'possible' water level problems! You don't say, but is your 'new' home in your 'old' town?

I love your little tractor - so sensible with such a large GARDEN (that is never a 'yard').... But tell me, why do Americans insist on calling their wonderful gardens a'yard'?

THESE ARE YARDS:
This is what they were like in the 1930's

And these are the yards on a 'new build' site!

You have a superb GARDEN Mr. James... please - DON'T call it a yard!

peep

#27: Re: I Bought a house! Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:23 am
    ----
Congrats Jim!

Love this house so much more than the other one.

Carole, what garden? It's a LAWN....not a yard, not a garden but a LAWN. lol lol lol lol lol lol

#28: Re: I Bought a house! Author: JamesBiancoLocation: Westfield, MA. PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:41 am
    ----
Thank you all so much! Yikes Carole, a yard in the UK is quite a different thing than here in the US. I can understand now why you don't like that word, what an awful sort of place!

I am so exited to see what the kids say when they see everything we have done so far, I pick them up in about an hour.

I'll send you all invites to the Gente party next spring !! (if only that were possible, what an amazing time we would have)

Very Happy

#29: Re: I Bought a house! Author: ricbruLocation: TRENTO - ITALIA PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:33 am
    ----
I'm coming!!
Yeeeeeeee
Riccardo party

#30: Re: I Bought a house! Author: Cathy PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:07 am
    ----
JamesBianco wrote:

I'll send you all invites to the Gente party next spring !! (if only that were possible, what an amazing time we would have)

Very Happy
OK!! I'll bring the pasta and the pastries! Um, will the pool be ready by then? hide Perhaps one of the Italian natives can bring the vino? Sounds like a great time to me!

-> General Discussion Groups