Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Researching surname 'Lanni'
-> Central Italy

#1: Researching surname 'Lanni' Author: EmmyLocation: Scotland PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:15 am
    ----
Sorry I dont know the name you are using on this forum, but it doesnt matter, I'll still say 'Welcome to Gente'

I was back at the FHC yesterday- I checked for the marriage between Orazio Lanni and Giovanna Martucci - (film 1173823 1851-1861) but found no record of their marriage in Sant'Elia. I chose this film because from the records I have managed to trace it seems their youngest son was born in 1861. (perhaps Giovanna came from another comune and they were married there?)
It's a pity that the films with the dates you need are all the short versions and it doesnt give Orazio's or Giovanni's age on them.

I know I have given you Antonio's date of birth and his marriage information and 3 of his brothers' names, yesterday I found another brother.

1861- index 22 - Andrea Pasquale Francesco born 22nd March.
1863- index 113- Giuseppe born 18th November.
1867- index 15 - Andrea Vincenzo Pasquale born 28th January.
1868- index 64 - Antonio born 23rd May.
1870- index106 - Pasquale Vincenzo Luigi born 5th June.
(on all the birth acts the father was Orazio and mother was Giovanna Martucci)

(In the birth records for 1876 there was a birth registered for an Elisabetta Lanni although the father's name was Orazio the mother's name was Teresa Giorigilli - so this is probably not the same Orazio unless he married again.
There was a note on the birth act that said Elisabetta died in Cassino on the 25th of January 1962 aged 86yrs)

You asked about a Giovanni Lanni born 1891 do you know the name of his parents?

regards
Emmy

-> Central Italy