Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Can someone help me solve a problem please
-> General Discussion Groups

#1: Can someone help me solve a problem please Author: EmmyLocation: Scotland PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:52 pm
    ----
I recently received a processetti for the comune of Acquafondata and
it's a bit different from the one I have for Sant'Elia Fiumerapido. Going through it today, yes , there are marriage documents and birth documents etc relevant to the couple being married.

I was looking for the marriage documents for my G.G.Grandparents. From another film (births) I had found records of 4 of their children the oldest one was born in 1823 so that is why I ordered the processetti to cover the dates 1820-1850.
The very first document is a birth record for the son born in 1823 and nothing about his parents' marriage I've kinda worked it out I need to order the previous processetti as well because it did have 'CONTINUED' at the start of this film but the previous processetti begins at 1820 as well Confused
My question is WHY is their son's birth act included here should it not be the birth acts of the people being married - and I hope he's not getting married when he's just been born Wink Shocked

Oh how much easier it would be if we could call up our ancestors on Skype and get them to sort things out!! and if I dont hurry up and find the information I wont need to bother about even thinking about 'Skype' I'll probably be meeting them in the hereafter!!
hide
Emmy

I do have another question about a heading in a 'diversi' film but I'll post that in translations

#2: Re: Can someone help me solve a problem please Author: Cathy PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:33 pm
    ----
Emmy,
Are you sure it is the son and not his grandparents or uncle? Another possibility may be that the couple married in the church at an earlier date but failed to register in the comune until after the birth of their first child.

-> General Discussion Groups