Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: response to the latest find!!! so exciting!!
-> Where do I begin?

#1: response to the latest find!!! so exciting!! Author: PatriciaLocation: Jersey City, New Jersey, USA PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 5:56 pm
    ----
I will also try to do more homework here in the US... Can you tell me where to write in NY for death certificates?

#2: Re: response to the latest find!!! so exciting!! Author: Cathy PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:34 pm
    ----
Try this site:
www.health.state.ny.us...l_records/

There may be a resource online too.

#3: Re: response to the latest find!!! so exciting!! Author: PatriciaLocation: Jersey City, New Jersey, USA PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:21 pm
    ----
Ok, got on LDS and found Bettina's marraige... Guess Mom was Catherina Montesanti also shows Dad as Saverio. I can only guess Montesanti was Mom's Maiden name?? Was that the norm at that time? So much to be done it is hard for me to pull myself away from this, but have to for a bit...Thanks soooo much.

#4: Re: response to the latest find!!! so exciting!! Author: Poipu04Location: Connecticut PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:48 am
    ----
You may have already seen this. It is for old NYC records: www.nyc.gov/html/recor...home.shtml

There is a great index at www.italiangen.org

#5: Re: response to the latest find!!! so exciting!! Author: PatriciaLocation: Jersey City, New Jersey, USA PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:23 pm
    ----
Thanks--- checked theem both.. found a couple of marraige certs in the NYC.gov site...

#6: Re: response to the latest find!!! so exciting!! Author: lilbeesLocation: Georgia, USA PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:13 am
    ----
Is there an online record search function at the NYC.gov site...? If so, can't find it.

thanks
lilbees

#7: Re: response to the latest find!!! so exciting!! Author: Poipu04Location: Connecticut PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:03 am
    ----
No, you have to use the index on www.italiangen.org to search their holdings.

#8: Re: response to the latest find!!! so exciting!! Author: lilbeesLocation: Georgia, USA PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:05 am
    ----
Oh well, was just hoping they might have records that I didn't find at Italiangen. Had to finally write to the Catholic Church Archives for New York and New Jersey. Just waiting if there is any information available for me.

lilbees

-> Where do I begin?