Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Translation from Italian
-> Translations

#1: Translation from Italian Author: Cathy PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:55 pm
    ----
Can someone translate this for me? It was attached to a birth act of a cousin:
www.montaltouffugo.org...poatto.jpg

#2: Re: Translation from Italian Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:05 pm
    ----
Cathy wrote:

Doing it now....back shortly!

#3: Re: Translation from Italian Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:47 pm
    ----
Cathy wrote:

Hope this is OK...

To the illustrious Sig. Procurator of the Republic
COSENZA

Manner to be followed of the annotation in the margin of the birth act of Napolitano Filippo, recorded at No.26, Part 1, Year 1884, of the Comune of Montalto Uffugo, that proposes to your most illustrious self for the required approval
=============================================================
Napolitano Filippo adopted (NOT assigned) Rovella Mina Carmela (Decree of the Court of Appeal of Catanzaro on 7-12-1954, transcribed in the registers of birth of the Comune of Montalto Uffugo – Office 11 – Year 1955, Part 11, Series B, No1).

Montalto Uffugo, the 7 February 1955.
State Registrar

++++++++++
Seen: and approved.
Cosenza, the 15 February 1955
The Procurator of the Republic

Carried out and noted today, the……………
THE OFFICIAL RESPONSIBLE

Last edited by Carole on Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:25 am; edited 1 time in total

#4: Re: Translation from Italian Author: Cathy PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:05 pm
    ----
Thanks Carole. I am not really understanding this though. I assumed Mina Rovella (any relation to Nuccia's Rovella's???) was his wife because it was not his mother. Could this be a person unrelated? Confused I am confused. I think he died that year and this is an annotation of his death. But perhaps this is a divorce? Why is Catanzaro mentioned? Did he move/live there? (he was born in Montalto Uffugo in Cosenza)
These are the other documents attached to his birth act:
www.montaltouffugo.org...pmorte.jpg
This is an annotation of death. Correct?
www.montaltouffugo.org...inotes.jpg
These are the notes on the actual birth act. Not sure what it says.
I do not need a translation necessarily but would like to know if I am right.

#5: Re: Translation from Italian Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:48 am
    ----
Cathy,
I'm so sorry! Having read what you said and looking at the second new document above, I realised that the word I thought was adettato was in fact adottato.... I was sure it was an 'E' and never thought about it being an 'O'.

The last document you sent verifies that the decree was an ADOPTION... Filippo adopted her!

I will try and translate these last two documents this morning - but I have visitors here from the USA and I going out shortly. If someone else gets to them first, that's fine. If not - I will definately do them later this afternoon (my time)

#6: Re: Translation from Italian Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:02 am
    ----
OK - here's the second document... I'll try and get the other one done soon)

Napolitano Filippo

Napolitano Filippo adopted Rovella Maria Carmela (Decree
of the Court of Appeal of Catanzaro) on the date of 7.12.1954.
transcribed in the registers of the Comune of Montalto Uffugo
Office II Year 1955 Part II Series B No.1

THE CHANCELLOR

#7: Re: Translation from Italian Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:56 pm
    ----
Your last document....

COMUNE OF MONTALTO UFFUGO
ADMINISTRATIVE DIVISION OF VACCARIZZO
(Province of Cosenza)

No 14 Date 29.12.1(9)56

To the Procurator of the Republic
COSENZA

REGISTER ENTRY FOR A DEATH

In compliance with article 149 and 175 of the Republic as laid out on 9 July 1939 n. 1238, on the orders of the State Registry Office, the following annotation of death is proposed , in the margin of the birth act written in the corresponding register of the Comune of Maotalto Uffugo

Year 1884………. Part I………Series -……… No 25
--------------------------
Napolitano Filippo
died in Montalto Uffugo – Vaccarizzo District on 11.3.1956.

(Death Certificate of Comune of Montalto Uffugo Year 1956 Part I
Series - No. 6 ).
Official State Registrar

To the State Registrar in The record of the above note is returned to
The Procurators office in
For noting and return with proof.

18 March 1957
The Procurator State Official Registrar

#8: Re: Translation from Italian Author: Cathy PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:19 pm
    ----
Wow! That's very interesting! Thanks Carole! kiss

#9: Re: Translation from Italian Author: Cathy PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:01 pm
    ----
I have a question regarding this old thread. The Filippo Napolitano in this thread married Pasqualina Napolitano in 1907. Since her name is not mentioned in the adoption notation can I assume she was already deceased at the time her husband adopted this girl? Or would her name not have been in the adoption record? Thanks.

-> Translations