Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Help with translation to Italian, please
-> Translations

#1: Help with translation to Italian, please Author: scarecrow66 PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:31 am
    ----
Well, I have come to the conclusion that I need a little help in writing this letter for records, as I just don't know how to word it......! I have the address for the comune, and I have the name of the relative and date of birth, as well as a christening date for him. I really want any and all information they have on him, if they have anything at all. I appreciate any assistance in the writing of the letter in Italian!! Very Happy I guess what I want is birth record and marriage record, if they have it. I would take anything at this point........

Comune:

Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Comune de Alberona
Via G. Strizzi, 5
71031 Alberona (FG)
ITALY

person of interest: Arcangelo Russo, dob: December 1849, christening date 13 July 1850; possible parents names Salvadore Russo and Marianna Corvino

Michele

#2: Re: Help with translation to Italian, please Author: ricbruLocation: TRENTO - ITALIA PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:12 am
    ----
Hi, with this I let you request the copy from his real birth record and his real marriage record. In case they have not, you request a certified negative answer (it is written below)

Comune
Ufficio dello stato civile
Via G. Strizzi 5
71031 Alberona (FG)
ITALY

Egregio sig. Ufficiale dello stato civile,
mi chiamo (your complete name and last name).
Le scrivo da (your town and country)
Con la presente le chiedo cortesemente di potere ottenere la copia integrale dell'atto di nascita e dell'atto di matrimonio del mio antenato Arcangelo RUSSO nato ad Alberona nel Dicembre 1849, figlio di Salvatore e Marianna Corvino.
Il tutto per una ricerca genealogica
Se tali documenti non fossero a vostra disposizione, la prego di inviarmi una risposta negativa su carta intestata del vostro ufficio
La prego di inviarmi il tutto all'indirizzo di cui sotto
Rimango in attesa di cordiale riscontro e porgo distinti saluti

your name and last name

your signature

your name
address
town, zip code
country
------------------
You can also request his birth record from FHL (mormons)
this is the microfilm number for birth of Alberona from 1841 to 1850

Nati 1841-1850 FHL INTL Film # 1217502

www.familysearch.org (send me your email and I will forward you the form to request it to the mormons, maybe it is the easier way to get it)
-----

or you can also write the same text as above to Archivio di Stato di Foggia

www.archivi.benicultur...ome=FOGGIA
--------

I hope it helps
bye Riccardo

#3: Re: Help with translation to Italian, please Author: scarecrow66 PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:00 am
    ----
Thank you so much Riccardo!! My email would be

greenelixir66 @ gmail.com.

Michele

#4: Re: Help with translation to Italian, please Author: ricbruLocation: TRENTO - ITALIA PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:04 am
    ----
Michele, your mail jumps back
don't u have another one?
let me know
bye Riccardo

#5: Re: Help with translation to Italian, please Author: scarecrow66 PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:26 pm
    ----
Riccardo,

Maybe because I typed it with spaces, and there are none?

Try it this way:

greenelixir66 @ gmail.com

Michele

#6: Re: Help with translation to Italian, please Author: scarecrow66 PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:27 pm
    ----
Riccardo,

I see it went again with spaces --- just type the email with no spaces, and you should be fine. If not, maybe I can PM you with another email that I have..

Michele

-> Translations