Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Some family pictures to share
-> General Discussion Groups

#1: Some family pictures to share Author: lilbeesLocation: Georgia, USA PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:07 am
    ----
I would like all to see pictures of my grandfather Vincenzo and my grand aunt Giuseppa (Josephine) who immigrated together to the US in 1902. The pictures were taken about 1910. I never knew my grandfather since he died in 1931 but I did know my Aunt Josie.

I have also attached a picture of what we believe is Antonio Rescigno, my great grandfather, Rose Dina, his grand daughter and what I believe is Marie Virzi, whose husband is Antonio's good friend.

lilbees

img299.imageshack.us/i...910gh2.jpg

img299.imageshack.us/i...914wb1.jpg

img299.imageshack.us/i...virsi6.jpg

#2: Re: Some family pictures to share Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:44 am
    ----
Thanks for sharing these lilbees...
What wonderful memories... doesn't the 'boxer' (?) look imposing. Those baffi and his shiny new shoes...wow.

But has anyone else noticed how serious (not to say, miserable) our ancestors (from any country) looked when having thier photographs taken? Perhaps the photographers hadn't worked out that by saying 'cheese' everyone would have a smile on their lips. I really can't believe they were all just unhappy!

That poor little girl in the last picture looks as if she has just had - or is about to get a good smack. Poor child Crying or Very sad

#3: Re: Some family pictures to share Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:49 am
    ----
Great pictures!

#4: Re: Some family pictures to share Author: lilbeesLocation: Georgia, USA PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:18 pm
    ----
Carol,

There is a little story about the pose of my grandfather for that picture. The family and friends in "the old country" believed he had been in an accident and had lost his arms. Thus he had to show everyone he still was fine.

lilbees

#5: Re: Some family pictures to share Author: VincenzaLocation: Michigan PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:50 pm
    ----
Great Pictures

Vincenza

#6: Re: Some family pictures to share Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:31 pm
    ----
What wonderful pictures and what a story! I can see the people at home overreacting to something like that and not being convinced until they saw the proof themselves!

Thanks for sharing lilbees... Smile

-> General Discussion Groups