Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Not so good vibrations
-> General Discussion Groups

#1: Not so good vibrations Author: tjbrnLocation: North Carolina PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:21 pm
    ----
This is disturbing, although I was one of those tourists many years ago.
news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/eu...626093.stm

#2: Re: Not so good vibrations Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:26 pm
    ----
Well if, as they say, the required work will cost only about €1 million , perhaps Sig. Berlusconi could do without a couple of 'jollys' at the Italian taxpayers expense to cover the cost.

Or even better - perhaps Alitalia could stop flying about seven minutes before expected - that should save the €1,000,000 needed much more quicky!
After all - Michaelangelo's David is far more of an Italian flag carrier than Alitalia ever was!

#3: Re: Not so good vibrations Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:17 pm
    ----
Now, now, Carole...please don't sugar coat it. Tell us how you really feel! lol

Seriously, this problem has nothing to do with Alitalia's problems or the Italian government. This has to do with a piece of art that is in danger of being destroyed unless someone takes action to protect it from any further damage. I would much rather discuss that than the problems with people's governments.

Good article, Tom! I had no idea something like this was happening. I like idea of them insulating the statue to slow down the deterioration. Any as always, any type of restoration costs money. I'm sure the money the statue generates in revenue by tourists of all countries would more than help cover the costs of the restoration work, no?

#4: Re: Not so good vibrations Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:11 am
    ----
Point taken Nuccia...

But it makes me SO ANGRY that 'they' have to thinks twice about spending money on such things, but in other areas don't hesitate to throw money at problems as if it were confetti...

That can't be right, can it? But over here it is the way it is!

#5: Re: Not so good vibrations Author: tjbrnLocation: North Carolina PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:16 am
    ----
Just have the David declared an investment bank and the Fed will come up with the funds! One need simply be clear with one's priorities, that's all.

-> General Discussion Groups