Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Grateful to all at Gente di Mare and IG
-> General Discussion Groups

#1: Grateful to all at Gente di Mare and IG Author: lilbeesLocation: Georgia, USA PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:56 pm
    ----
I just want to say, in having the latest, and very much appreciated information about my family, not of this could have been accomplished without the assistance of so many on this forum and on the IG forum. Much patience was shown even when I asked dumb questions but the education process has been great. I now go back over everything I have shown as sources and citations and make sure the documents are correct.

All I ever wanted was to have my grandfather's birth record and to know of my great grandparents. Well, I have learned so much more. I am not out to collect just numbers in the family tree but just having the opportunity through my searches to learn a little about each of them.

I have mentally traveled through many countries in pursuit of my family. Since I love geography, this has been far from boring. It has taught me a whole new appreciation of what my ancestors went through in just living their lives. For some of them to come to the US with all the difficulties they suffered makes me wonder if I could have accomplished those feats.

Again, thank you to one and all. kiss

Barb Yeoman
lilbees

#2: Re: Grateful to all at Gente di Mare and IG Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:39 pm
    ----
Barb,

Thank you for your kind words. I think that when anyone begins this hobby, they never quite know what is going to happen or that it will be an never ending, yet rewarding project. I hear people say things like, "I had my family tree done a few years ago" and I wonder what it is they actually have. One is never truly finished once they start. There is always so much more to find, one more ancestor to pursue, one more record to obtain.

We are so grateful here to all our members who are able to help each other and to provide a fresh outlook to a seeming dead end. I don't believe there are too many "dumb" questions. I think everyone's level of expertise in a certain areas varies. There are things I feel I am good but there are other things that I can not figure out for all the money in the world. The last ancestors I found were staring at me for over a year on a website I visited almost weekly and yet I could not see them. Then, one night while online with Cathy, she was able to point them out. From there, she realized she had the films at her local FHC and was able to provide me several records.

It's all about teamwork and sharing the one thing we all love - genealogy.

Thanks again Barb...comments such as yours makes this all worth it!!!!! kiss kiss

#3: Re: Grateful to all at Gente di Mare and IG Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:07 pm
    ----
I second every word of that!

Thank you Barbara - Nuccia is right, your compliments are really appreciated.

Enter into the world of genealogy and you set out on an exciting adventure of the kind you could never even have imagined. There are very few people who, once they have started, can resist turning every stone they find! The excitement overtakes you - every time...

#4: Re: Grateful to all at Gente di Mare and IG Author: Cathy PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:27 pm
    ----
I'd like to jump in here and say a special thank you to our translators on this forum. Without the infinite patience of Carole, Livio and Luca many of us would be lost! I would be nowhere without them!!!!!
kiss

#5: Re: Grateful to all at Gente di Mare and IG Author: lilbeesLocation: Georgia, USA PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:45 pm
    ----
I would say a great big AMEN.

lilbees

-> General Discussion Groups