Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Happy Columbus Day, America!
-> General Discussion Groups

#1: Happy Columbus Day, America! Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:16 am
    ----
Wishing you a very Happy and Safe Columbus Day, everyone.

And for my friends here in the "North"...Happy Thanksgiving Day.

kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

#2: Re: Happy Columbus Day, America! Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:57 am
    ----
Hope you all have a nice holiday...

It's on days like today that we're all pleased that dear old Chris didn't believe this....

#3: Re: Happy Columbus Day, America! Author: ElevenLocation: New York PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:46 am
    ----
Happy Columbus day, everyone!

#4: Re: Happy Columbus Day, America! Author: Poipu04Location: Connecticut PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:39 pm
    ----
I marched in the NYC parade today. It was lots of fun as always. This year was very special because my friends from Paduli, Italy and Padulese immigrants/descendants from Australia also joined them. I loved seeing the looks on their faces when they saw so may people waving the tricolore. They were giddy.

James: the group in front of us was La Citta' di Carini! I wonder if it was your Carini????

Cathy: There was a big display in Grand Central on the Calabrian earthquakes!!! I thought of you. I only wish there were handouts or something I could have gotten for you.

#5: Re: Happy Columbus Day, America! Author: Poipu04Location: Connecticut PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:46 pm
    ----
Hmmm...where did my avatar go?

#6: Re: Happy Columbus Day, America! Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:42 pm
    ----
hmm..it is gone. I think it has something to do with imageshack because it has happened to me on other forums. SOmetimes, they clear their cache and the avatars are affected.

Let me see if I can get it back for you.

#7: Re: Happy Columbus Day, America! Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:46 am
    ----
A little "history" lesson about CHRISTOPHER COLUMBUS..

www.abcteach.com/free/...mbus_b.pdf

#8: Re: Happy Columbus Day, America! Author: Poipu04Location: Connecticut PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:07 am
    ----
www.columbuscitizensfd...leet.shtml

Here is the link to the exhibit on the earthquakes in Calabria from the Teddy Roosevelt era.

#9: Re: Happy Columbus Day, America! Author: Cathy PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:03 pm
    ----
Poipu04 wrote:
I marched in the NYC parade today. It was lots of fun as always. This year was very special because my friends from Paduli, Italy and Padulese immigrants/descendants from Australia also joined them. I loved seeing the looks on their faces when they saw so may people waving the tricolore. They were giddy.

James: the group in front of us was La Citta' di Carini! I wonder if it was your Carini????

Cathy: There was a big display in Grand Central on the Calabrian earthquakes!!! I thought of you. I only wish there were handouts or something I could have gotten for you.
Thank you so much for that link Lori. You know I love reading about the earthquakes because my great grandmother brought her children here (my great aunt was grown) right after one of those earthquakes and I think that is why they came here. Their life was much better there than here so it was the only explanation I can come up with. Maybe next year I should come march in the parade!

#10: Re: Happy Columbus Day, America! Author: Poipu04Location: Connecticut PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:35 am
    ----
Cathy, you always have a place with my group in the parade! I still hope that one year we can all meet in NYC and march under the gente di mare banner!

#11: Re: Happy Columbus Day, America! Author: Cathy PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:04 am
    ----
Actually, I LOVE that idea! Maybe we can wear T-shirts or something with our town names on them. And perhaps the day before the parade we can make a trip to Ellis Island together. I would really love that. Very Happy

#12: Re: Happy Columbus Day, America! Author: MikeSavoca91 PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:50 pm
    ----
Cathy wrote:
Actually, I LOVE that idea! Maybe we can wear T-shirts or something with our town names on them. And perhaps the day before the parade we can make a trip to Ellis Island together. I would really love that. Very Happy

I second that! ...And by the way HI ALL!!!! Very Happy

#13: Re: Happy Columbus Day, America! Author: Cathy PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:01 pm
    ----
Mike!!! I missed you!

#14: Re: Happy Columbus Day, America! Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:29 pm
    ----
Hey Mike..

Nice to see you! How's that college hunting going?

#15: Re: Happy Columbus Day, America! Author: stevenspringerLocation: Port Jefferson Station, NY PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:06 am
    ----
sounds like a good plan, NYC is about an hour drive from me Smile

-> General Discussion Groups