Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: CD Recovery Option
-> PC Info and Guides

#1: CD Recovery Option Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:20 pm
    ----
Ok..so I finally went out tonight to the FHC where I spent almost three hours scanning records..many for posters who have emailed me for help. Everything went well..

I decided I would make one more copy of a record for someone and thats when everything went wrong..there is data on my CD but it can't be read.

Does anyone know of a good data recovery program? I do not want to do this again! neclord

#2: Re: CD Recovery Option Author: tjbrnLocation: North Carolina PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:16 am
    ----
Nuccia,
Could you be a little more specific? Were you using a rewritable CD? I have taken CD's that I couldn't read to a video rental place where they have a device that cleans DVD's etc. I think I paid a buck to have my CD cleaned which allowed the CD to be read without a problem. Anyway more info about the media and what you were doing could help in finding a solution.

#3: Re: CD Recovery Option Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:14 am
    ----
Hi Tom,

I thought I replied yesterday but I guess I forgot to submit it.. Embarassed

I copied a bunch of scans or records to CD from the FHC the other night but somehow the scanner screwed up and a few of my files got corrupted making the CD difficult to view the images. I downloaded a program,
Power CD DVD Recovery and I was able to recover most of it although I have to purchase a key to get the most out of the program. Not a bad program, and VERY easy to use.

#4: Re: CD Recovery Option Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:55 am
    ----
Well, thanks to a certain someone, I have a key to the program and was able to recover almost everything on the CD! I have already put the images live on the [http://www.calabriaexchange.com]Calabria Exchange[/url] site. I am so glad I didn't loose all that work. today I am going to attempt to recover some of the files on my other CD's. I have a few that gave me problems and perhaps I will find more files.

Life is sometimes good, isn't it?

-> PC Info and Guides