Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Question & New Rescource for Muro Lucano
-> Where do I begin?

#1: Question & New Rescource for Muro Lucano Author: Marietta PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:50 am
    ----
Hi everyone!

I'm new here but not new to genealogy. I've been researching my family since 2004 and was thrilled with the recent discovery of a transcribed on-line records database for Muro Lucano, Potenza, Basilicata covering 1810 - 1860! I was able to add several generations to my tree with this wonderful rescource. For those of you who are interested, the link is below. Just click on the link & scroll down to access birth, marriage, death and unified records.

murolucano.webs.com/su...search.htm

Now for my question... I was able to determine the marriage date of my gggrandparents, and that they had 1 son in 1858 who died at 2mo of age. No other births to them appear in these records. I know my ggrandmother was born in 1867 so her birth record-- or those of any siblings born after 1860-- would not be on the commune records. Where are records after 1860 kept? Is it a rescource that I could research through LDS? I have tried to search the LDS Library Catalog for the province of Potenza but couldn't find any records that apprear to be from the appropriate time period. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Marie

#2: Re: Question & New Rescource for Muro Lucano Author: LucaLocation: Terni - Italy PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:11 pm
    ----
The records are in the "Ufficio dello Stato Civile" of Muro Lucano and i think they are not available at lds, but you need to write them and ask for the info you are looking for.

Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Via Roma
85054 Muro Lucano
Italy

Bye
Luca

-> Where do I begin?