Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: PROCESSETTI 1834
-> General Discussion Groups

#1: PROCESSETTI 1834 Author: lilbeesLocation: Georgia, USA PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:14 am
    ----
I have been trying to get a copy of the marriage record for my great great grandparents. I learned that the pages for that record are in the process of being restored from damage over the years.

Would the PROCESSETTI be a separate document or would it be included with the marriage record?

If it is a separate document then I may have some hope.

Thanks for your help in advance.

lilbees

#2: Re: PROCESSETTI 1834 Author: Cathy PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:51 am
    ----
lilbees wrote:
I have been trying to get a copy of the marriage record for my great great grandparents. I learned that the pages for that record are in the process of being restored from damage over the years.

Would the PROCESSETTI be a separate document or would it be included with the marriage record?

If it is a separate document then I may have some hope.

Thanks for your help in advance.

lilbees
The Processetti is not a single document but a series of documents that were brought in at the time the marriage banns (pubblicazioni, atto di solemne promissa, etc) were filed. The Processetti does include the birth acts of the couple getting married and may also include their parents death acts, their grandparents death act (when the parents are deceased) baptisms and other misc. documents.

#3: Re: PROCESSETTI 1834 Author: lilbeesLocation: Georgia, USA PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:55 am
    ----
If there is a possiblity of obtaining these documents, what would I ask for exactly.

Would I just request the processetti? Confused

Thanks Cathy, Smile

lilbees

#4: Re: PROCESSETTI 1834 Author: Cathy PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:02 am
    ----
I'm not sure if you can request it...I would assume you can. It's on the microfilms so there must be books of it in the state civil office. Maybe someone else would know for sure. I can tell you this though...none of my towns have the Processetti records available on microfilm past the 1860's.

#5: Re: PROCESSETTI 1834 Author: LucaLocation: Terni - Italy PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:07 am
    ----
I asked Mrs Aliberti of the "Archivio di Stato di Salerno" to check if there are the registers for the processetti of the year 1834 and she said that Dr. Carleo (the appointee) will answer me as soon as possible (compatibly with italian customs... Very Happy ).

Luca

#6: Re: PROCESSETTI 1834 Author: lilbeesLocation: Georgia, USA PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:43 am
    ----
Thank you Luca. As I recently learned the books for the 1834 marriages were quite damaged and they are attempting to restore them. As I told Cathy, I am hoping that the registers for the processetti of 1834 are okay.

lilbees

-> General Discussion Groups