Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: A look up.
-> Where do I begin?

#1: A look up. Author: MikeSavoca91 PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:52 pm
    ----
Hello all, I wonder if someone could find any info on a Giuseppe Tremini. HE lived at 3 Mulbery St. in Manhattan. He seemed to be the one who everyone went to when they arrived in America. I have been doing a lot of work on ellis, and I am learning a lot. There are over 6,000 people who came from my town hide but I will narrow down that list eventually. Any ideas?

Mike Razz

#2: Re: A look up. Author: MikeSavoca91 PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:59 pm
    ----
www.ellisisland.org/se...400011355& If you look at line 25, where it says person going to visit in US. What does the name look like to you?? Giuseppe ____________?

#3: Re: A look up. Author: Biff83Location: Florida PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:42 pm
    ----
Giuseppe Termini, 3 Mulberry St.

Holy Cow, Mike. Looks like all of Castiglione must have been going to Giuseppe's. Wonder if he was a padrone or something?

Biff

#4: Re: A look up. Author: MikeSavoca91 PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:53 pm
    ----
Thanks Biff, I said the same thing! That guy must have had no room in his house!

#5: Re: A look up. Author: chanchisfea PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:14 pm
    ----
Mike, I found 3 Mulberry Street in the 1930 Census... of course, if we find it for 1920 or 1910 it would help Shocked

Just by looking the few houses next to that one I can see loads of people listed for numbers 9, 5, etc. in Mulberry Street. Kind of makes you wonder what type of life these people had to endure all in very close quarters Confused

Liz Cool

#6: Re: A look up. Author: MikeSavoca91 PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:00 am
    ----
It was very hard for them I am sure. My great grandfather's sister remembered seeing people being killed and hidden. My great grandpa saw 2 people he knew from Sicily kill a father and baby...a lot of crazy hard things.

-> Where do I begin?