Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Requesting a translation.
-> Translations

#1: Requesting a translation. Author: JoeBLocation: Chicago Area PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:29 pm
    ----
Would someone be so kind as to translate this document for me.

Thank you very much,

Joe Blackwell
Chicago, IL

#2: Re: Requesting a translation. Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:52 pm
    ----
Joe,

There is no document attached. Did you have trouble attaching it?

#3: Re: Requesting a translation. Author: JoeBLocation: Chicago Area PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:00 pm
    ----
Hi Nuccia,

Ok, I see now. The attachment was too large. I received an error message that the limit is 256. Is that bytes, kilobytes, or megabytes? I have attached a picture in the past that was quite large?

Thanks, Joe

#4: Re: Requesting a translation. Author: JoeBLocation: Chicago Area PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:18 pm
    ----
OK, smaller size document this time... Joe B

Last edited by JoeB on Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

#5: Re: Requesting a translation. Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:28 pm
    ----
There you go John...

Translation:
We advise that, from searches carried out in this office, Mr. DE MASO Francesco Romano is shown as being born in Nebbiù (a part of Pieve di Cadore) on the 29.12.1866. It shows he was married to Del Favero Giuseppina in Valle di Cadore on 22.01.1896. There are no other entries.
I invite you in the meantime to contact the Comune of Pieve di Cadore in which comune your grandfather was born.

Best wishes,
Milena Brancaleoni
Registrar

#6: Re: Requesting a translation. Author: JoeBLocation: Chicago Area PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:11 pm
    ----
Wow, that was fast. What a site! Thanks to all who had a hand in my translation. Indeed I have also sent a request to Pieve di Cadore and am waiting for a reply.

Joe Blackwell
Chicago

#7: Re: Requesting a translation. Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:56 am
    ----
JoeB wrote:
Wow, that was fast. What a site! Thanks to all who had a hand in my translation. Indeed I have also sent a request to Pieve di Cadore and am waiting for a reply.

Joe Blackwell
Chicago

Let us know when you get it Joe and someone will translate it for you. Any translations you want are best posted on the 'Translations' board though. OK?
Just because some translators 'may not' read all the other forums here....

#8: Re: Requesting a translation. Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:42 am
    ----
I can just move this thread to the translation board. I will leave the shadow up on this board in case someone is looking for it.

But..great advice for future reference. Thanks Carole. Smile

-> Translations