Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Happy Thanksgiving
-> General Discussion Groups

#1: Happy Thanksgiving Author: Biff83Location: Florida PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:32 pm
    ----
Thanksgiving has always been a special holiday for me. Not for the time off from work or for the food but for the opportunity to share the occasion with family and friends giving thanks to God for everything he has done for us. As we did last year in memory of all our relatives and friends who have passed, there will be a vacant chair and an empty setting at our Thanksgiving table to remind us of who we are and where we came from. A visible symbol of our thankfulness for all they did for us.

Since I began my journey to discover my ancestors two years ago, I've found new friends and new family along the way. To my Gente family, once again I wish all of you and your loved ones, a Happy Thanksgiving.

God Bless and Keep You Always,
Biff

#2: Re: Happy Thanksgiving Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:36 pm
    ----
Thank you Biff - those are wonderful sentiments and strong reasons for celebrating your "Thanksgiving Festival".

I should like to add my best wishes to all of you who celebrate Thanksgiving!

I hope you all have a happy and peaceful day in the company of your loved ones - both past and present!

#3: Re: Happy Thanksgiving Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:43 pm
    ----
Happy Thanksgiving to our American neighbours! kiss

#4: Re: Happy Thanksgiving Author: dragoni PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:54 pm
    ----
Sono un felice giorno di tacchino.

tom

#5: Re: Happy Thanksgiving Author: Cathy PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:20 pm
    ----
Awww Biff...that was really sweet! kiss My family will be celebrating the 104th anniversary of the day my great grandmother Natalina Scrugli and her 3 children Maria, Francesco, and my grandmother Caterina arrived at Ellis Island. They had to stay on the ship an extra day because Ellis Island was closed due to the Thanksgiving holiday. This always gave Thanksgiving a special meaning for us.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

#6: Re: Happy Thanksgiving Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:31 am
    ----
Happy Thanksgiving!

#7: Re: Happy Thanksgiving Author: lilbeesLocation: Georgia, USA PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:55 am
    ----
Happy Thanksgiving to all!

lilbees

#8: Re: Happy Thanksgiving Author: ElevenLocation: New York PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:00 am
    ----
Happy Thanksgiving!!

-> General Discussion Groups