Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Oh boy - It's COLD!
-> General Discussion Groups

#1: Oh boy - It's COLD! Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:32 pm
    ----
Well, they forecast rain last night, with snow down to 800m. But when I woke up this morning there was that 'deathly silence' outside... I'm sure you all know what I mean.

And yes - you've guessed it - I flung open the shutters at 8am to see it snowing heavily. It seems it had been snowing for two hours. But it's 4.30pm and it's STILL coming down and now it's looking like this! (see attachments - two from my terrace and two (one blurry) accross the lane at the back!)

It's already about 10-12" deep and there's no sign of it giving up. Our local 'baby' snowplough is rushing around keeping the lanes as clear as possible, and I hope he'll clear the pile accross my driveway so I can get out and do some shopping tomorrow. Though even if I can't - there's no problem - bread is delivered and I've got food in the freezer and plenty of pasta.

#2: Re: Oh boy - It's COLD! Author: ricbruLocation: TRENTO - ITALIA PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:02 pm
    ----
yes, here in Trento is snowing since 8.15 am, so it is about 14 hour snowing
bye Riccardo

#3: Re: Oh boy - It's COLD! Author: lilbeesLocation: Georgia, USA PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:28 pm
    ----
Boy, I am glad I don't have to put up with that anymore even though I miss the beauty of the snow and the quietness it brings.

Enjoy!

lilbees

#4: Re: Oh boy - It's COLD! Author: EmmyLocation: Scotland PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:43 am
    ----
Oh Carole
It looks gorgeous. Its nice to look at when you're inside and nice and cosy with plenty of provisions so you dont need to go out. For me I wouldnt dare go out in the snow with my car - BIG COWARD that's me!!
ps that's my excuse for having lOTS to eat in the house!!
Emmy

-> General Discussion Groups