Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Canadian manifest help
-> Where do I begin?

#1: Canadian manifest help Author: Cathy PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:51 pm
    ----
Ship manifests are not my forte. I want to make sure I am getting the accurate information from this manifest since I will be relaying this information to the granddaughter of this man. The manifest is here. My question is regarding Luigi Garrafa on line 13. The manifest lists him as 43 years old. Squeezed in is "french line" then 41919 then Toronto Feb 6/19 then pp La France "Leano at New York". Does anyone know what all that means?
My second question is on another Canadian document here on the 4th line from the bottom, there is a word after "Italy" - can anyone read that word?
My next question is regarding his cousin Fiore. His name is crossed out on this manifest. Does that mean he missed the ship?
Thanks so much for your help.

#2: Re: Canadian manifest help Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:42 pm
    ----
Quote::
My second question is on another Canadian document here on the 4th line from the bottom, there is a word after "Italy" - can anyone read that word?

That word would be transit.

As for the first manifest..you know that there is a second page right? He was going to his brother in law, Giovanni Paglia. Let me see if I can find another manifest for him.

#3: Re: Canadian manifest help Author: chanchisfea PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:30 pm
    ----
Cathy, I think what you read as "Leano at New York" is actually "Leaves US at New York" Smile

Liz Cool

-> Where do I begin?