Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Merry Christmas in Italian?
-> Translations

#61: Re: Merry Christmas in Italian? Author: uantitiLocation: Biella (Piedmont) and Venezia/Venice, Italy PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:25 am
    ----
Sorry Carole we posted a reply more or less at the same moment.

Ada

#62: Re: Merry Christmas in Italian? Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:01 am
    ----
uantiti wrote:
Sorry Carole we posted a reply more or less at the same moment.

Ada

No probs Ada... I still luv ya! kiss

(two translators are always better than one - right?)

#63: Re: Merry Christmas in Italian? Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:41 am
    ----
Carole wrote:
uantiti wrote:
Sorry Carole we posted a reply more or less at the same moment.

Ada

No probs Ada... I still luv ya! kiss

(two translators are always better than one - right?)

At this point you need a 3rd one to arbitrate...

Giorgio loves to lounge around in the sun!
Laura, prefers to spend the money!
Filippo is the only one that is doing something useful at home!

Disclaimer: I'm kidding, I don't mean to offend or be disrespectful to any one!

Merry Xmas and Happy New Year!!!!



#64: Re: Merry Christmas in Italian? Author: uantitiLocation: Biella (Piedmont) and Venezia/Venice, Italy PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:01 pm
    ----
Livio,
this is more than translation. This is interpretation! And I guess you got it right! You read between the lines. Unfortunately I use contact lens (blind as a bat)....

Ada

#65: Re: Merry Christmas in Italian? Author: JoeBLocation: Chicago Area PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:56 pm
    ----
Thanks to Carole and Ada, such nice folks....

The wine we drink is usually California's Rodney Strong or Kendle Jackson Merlot. In restaurants we prefer Chianti, usually the house stuff, cause it's the cheapest. In fact we're going out this morning to re-supply the wine bar for our Christmas Eve family party. Then it's over until 2009... Joe B.

#66: Re: Merry Christmas in Italian? Author: tjbrnLocation: North Carolina PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:08 pm
    ----
JoeB,
I started making my own this year, both beer and wine. Apparently, I have done reasonably well as I get requests from friends all the time. The Chianti I made was an especial favorite. I give away almost all I make to family and friends. I'll be bottling Gewurztraminer in another week or so. Salute!

#67: Re: Merry Christmas in Italian? Author: JoeBLocation: Chicago Area PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:18 pm
    ----
And Salute to you also Tom. I tried making my own wine years ago, not from the grape, but from the concentrated juice. I had the 5 gal bottles and the air locks. It actually looked pretty good. It tasted like cleaning solution however. No one ever asked me for seconds. They would usually smile and say, "got any beer?" JoeB

#68: Re: Merry Christmas in Italian? Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:39 pm
    ----
tjbrn wrote:
JoeB,
I started making my own this year, both beer and wine. Apparently, I have done reasonably well as I get requests from friends all the time. The Chianti I made was an especial favorite. I give away almost all I make to family and friends. I'll be bottling Gewurztraminer in another week or so. Salute!

Tom, is it easy to find the grape to make Chianti in US?

I love Chianti and I never tasted Gewurztraminer ...


#69: Re: Merry Christmas in Italian? Author: Cathy PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:54 pm
    ----
When I was a child we made a family project out of making wine every year. We would go down to train station in a shady area of Chicago (I remember being scared there) and my dad would buy crates of grapes right off the train. He was very choosey… Then we ould bring the crates of grapes home and my brother and I would wash them and pull all the stems out and put them in buckets. When we were done we would dump the buckets of grapes into a huge tub. Then my brother and I would put plastic bags on our feet and stomp on the grapes. Of course I got kicked a lot by him. Rolling Eyes My dad would finish the project. The basement smelled horrible while the wine was fermenting. But the wine was really great!

#70: Re: Merry Christmas in Italian? Author: tjbrnLocation: North Carolina PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:17 am
    ----
Livio,
It is possible to get all sorts of grapes and/or concentrates, kits, etc. Here is a link to a winery near me that grows sangiovese grapes which are the principal grape in the blend to make Chianti www.raffaldini.com/ Technically, I suppose only wine from the Chianti region can be called Chianti. Chianti is blended and the grapes and the percentage of different varieties in the blend may vary from winery to winery. The wines I'm making are good quality wines; I wanted to gain a little more experience before I move up to the very expensive premium wines and turn out some inordinately priced vinegar Wink Of course, I wouldn't mind having a little Grappa for the cold mornings this winter Very Happy But I have no way to make that, at least at the moment. The Gewurztraminer I made is a dry white wine although most people are more familiar with a slightly sweet version of it, which is the type I am most familiar with. The next red I make might be a Pinot Noir or Zinfandel, the white probably a Chardonay. There are quite a number of wineries in this area of North Carolina where I live as the soil and growing conditions are surprisingly good.

#71: Re: Merry Christmas in Italian? Author: ricbruLocation: TRENTO - ITALIA PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:38 pm
    ----


Merry Xmas and Happy New Year!!!!



Hi all, tomorrow morning we take the plane and go to Trapani, Sicily, where to spend a week with family during Xmas time, I want to wish you and your family a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, I hope the birth of Jesus will make your dreams come true
Hugs to everyone
Riccardo kiss

#72: Re: Merry Christmas in Italian? Author: Cathy PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:06 pm
    ----
Merry Christmas Riccardo! Have fun in Trapani! I will miss you. Send our wishes for a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to your beautiful wife Teresa too! kiss

#73: Re: Merry Christmas in Italian? Author: JoeBLocation: Chicago Area PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:16 pm
    ----
Riccardo, I checked out your Sicilian Genealogy site and I'm wondering if you could help me find the parents oh my wife's Grandfather. His name is Francesco Romano (sometimes Luigi) DeMaso. He was born in Nebbiu, Pieve di Cadore, Italy, 29 December 1866, Married Giuseppina Del Favero at Valle di Cadore, 22 January 1896. They both emigrated to Chicago in 1896. I have written the Commune di Pieve di Cadore with no results. I have found extensive data for Giuseppina Del Favero on Roberto Piccioli's website. His branch of the DeMaso line however ends with his birth at Nebbiu. I assume there is some charge associated with your effort. I only ask that you let me know of any costs prior to doing the research. Thank You, Joe B.

#74: Re: Merry Christmas in Italian? Author: ricbruLocation: TRENTO - ITALIA PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:54 pm
    ----
JoeB wrote:
Riccardo, I checked out your Sicilian Genealogy site and I'm wondering if you could help me find the parents oh my wife's Grandfather. His name is Francesco Romano (sometimes Luigi) DeMaso. He was born in Nebbiu, Pieve di Cadore, Italy, 29 December 1866, Married Giuseppina Del Favero at Valle di Cadore, 22 January 1896. They both emigrated to Chicago in 1896. I have written the Commune di Pieve di Cadore with no results. I have found extensive data for Giuseppina Del Favero on Roberto Piccioli's website. His branch of the DeMaso line however ends with his birth at Nebbiu. I assume there is some charge associated with your effort. I only ask that you let me know of any costs prior to doing the research. Thank You, Joe B.

I sent u a pm
ciao Riccardo

#75: Re: Merry Christmas in Italian? Author: uantitiLocation: Biella (Piedmont) and Venezia/Venice, Italy PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:12 pm
    ----
Thank you Riccardo, have a nice time.

I take the opportunity to wish everybody a Merry Xmas and Happy New Year as I might not be around in the next days.

Ciao
Ada



-> Translations

All times are GMT - 4 Hours

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  :| |:
Page 5 of 6