Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Contrada ?
-> Translations

#1: Contrada ? Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:44 am
    ----
This is a copy of my grandfather's birth act. I can not make out what the Contrada name where he was born is. Can someone help?

mofrad.net/ardore/Nati/1895/069.jpg

#2: Re: Contrada ? Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:08 am
    ----
Well... think it looks like Avurgia to me!

#3: Re: Contrada ? Author: uantitiLocation: Biella (Piedmont) and Venezia/Venice, Italy PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:52 am
    ----
Hi Nuccia,
yes, I can read Avurgia too. This is the name given to a viaduct on the coastal road # 106 near Ardore, there is also a jonction called Ardore-Avurgia. I haven't seen the place, I just read that on a newspaper mentioning road works. I guess it might refer to a nearby stream or to a close small valley having that name. Unfortunately I couldn't find it on google maps so that you could see where it is exactly.

Ada

#4: Re: Contrada ? Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:46 am
    ----
Thank you both for that. At least now I know. It was driving me crazy for a while because I couldn't make it out.

-> Translations