Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Could someone translate this for me?
-> Translations

#1: Could someone translate this for me? Author: lilbeesLocation: Georgia, USA PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 5:34 pm
    ----

Thank you so much.

lilbees

#2: Re: Could someone translate this for me? Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:51 pm
    ----
lilbees wrote:

Thank you so much.

lilbees

Translation:

Today, that is the twelfth of the month of January in the current year of eighteen hundred and eleven, at the local time of twenty hours
Before us who are responsible for the recording of the acts of the civil status, there appeared
Barbara Barbo, a midwife by profession and fifty five years of age. Domiciled in this Comune of Rocca Piemonte, street called Casali
And she presented a child of the male sex at twenty hours - on the above mentioned twelfth day of January in the current year of eighteen hundred and eleven, son of Pennato Rescigno (?) and Cicilia Calabrese, married and domiciled in the said Comune, street called Casali

And the formal declaration having been done in our presence, and before the witnesses, who are
Mr. Francesco Juliano aged twenty two a student by profession, domiciled in the said place in Strada Palazzo.
Mr. Michele Zambrano aged twenty three a student by profession, domiciled in the said place in Strada Cipellates (?) San Potito

#3: Re: Could someone translate this for me? Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:01 am
    ----
My two additional cents:

Translation:

Today, that is the twelfth of the month of January in the current year of eighteen hundred and eleven, at the local time of twenty hours
Before us who are responsible for the recording of the acts of the civil status, there appeared
Barbera Barba, a midwife by profession and fifty five years of age. Domiciled in this Comune of Rocca Piemonte, street called Casali
And she presented a child of the male sex at twenty hours - on the above mentioned twelfth day of January in the current year of eighteen hundred and eleven, son of Gennaro Rescigno (?) and Cecilia Calabrese, married and domiciled in the said Comune, street above mentioned Casali

And the formal declaration having been done and undersigned in our presence, and before the witnesses, who are
Mr. Francesco Juliano aged twenty two a student by profession, domiciled in the said place in Strada Palazzo.
Mr. Michele Zambrano aged twenty three a student by profession, domiciled in the said place in Strada called=appellata San Potito

that (the declaration) is kept in original in the care volume of this register;
In view of it the child was given the name of Giovanni

#4: Re: Could someone translate this for me? Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:07 am
    ----
Thanks Livio... that handwriting did cause me a bit of a headache.

I have no idea why I didn't see the last para when I copied it over to MSWord to work on! So you saved the day (my bacon) twice!
kiss

#5: Re: Could someone translate this for me? Author: lilbeesLocation: Georgia, USA PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:15 am
    ----
Thank you both Livio and Carole. That was wonderful of you both.

I could glean only some of it giornale and thought I should leave it to the experts. Neutral

lilbees

I hope you all had a very nice Christmas and may you have an enjoyable New Year.

-> Translations