Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Can someone translate?
-> Translations

#1: Can someone translate? Author: lilbeesLocation: Georgia, USA PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:34 am
    ----
I received this birth record and I am not sure if it can be cleaned up in order to have it translated.

Can someone help?

i460.photobucket.com/a...record.jpg

All I have made out so far from what I already know; father- Filippo Angrisano , mother- Vincenza De Angelis. Child is Angela Maria Angrisano.
She was born on the 18 May 1811, comune of Roccapiemonte.

Witnesses: Tommaso Angrisano and Francesco Juliano.

Thank you,
lilbees

Last edited by lilbees on Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:36 am; edited 2 times in total

#2: Re: Can this be cleaned up? Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:20 am
    ----
I've copied here onto MSWord - it is at 100% but can be increased (up to 500%) if it will help anyone to decipher it!

Though it does 'seem' easier to read when enlarged...

Sorry - it won't let me post this doc. file....

#3: Re: Can this be cleaned up? Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 6:49 am
    ----
Is this any better?

#4: Re: Can this be cleaned up? Can someone translate? Author: lilbeesLocation: Georgia, USA PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:41 am
    ----
Thanks Nuccia. For some reason I couldn't think how I could make it larger and post it.

Late night! Wink

lilbees

Now I need to see if someone can read it better than I. giornale

#5: Re: Can someone translate? Author: uantitiLocation: Biella (Piedmont) and Venezia/Venice, Italy PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:35 pm
    ----
To me the date of birth is 18 April 1810.
Parents, witnesses and name of the child are ok. The first witness Tommaso Angrisano is 48 years old and could be the baby's grandfather. His occupation "Vasaio"(?)= Potter.

Ada

#6: Re: Can someone translate? Author: LucaLocation: Terni - Italy PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:25 pm
    ----
Declarant: Grazia Figliolino, midwife, 31 y.o.
Father Filippo Angrisano.
Mother Vincenza De Angelis.
Witnesses: Tommaso Angrisano, 48 y.o., notaio (notary); Francesco Juliano, 22 y.o., scrivano (scribe).

Luca

#7: Re: Can someone translate? Author: lilbeesLocation: Georgia, USA PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:20 am
    ----
Thank you both Ada and Luca.

That confirms the information I have for Angela. Plus, it gives me more information to work on. I do appreciate your efforts. I could read the comune of Roccapiemonte but not the street of residence. I could not make out the comunes of residence for the witnesses. I felt that Tommaso might be related but could not read his location. giornale

I was very surprised you could read that first line of writing to get the midwife's name. WOW! You performed a small miracle! Eyes much better than mine. Shocked

Thank you so much.

lilbees

#8: Re: Can someone translate? Author: LucaLocation: Terni - Italy PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:37 pm
    ----
Filippo and Vincenza lived in Roccapiemonte, Strada Capoliccheri.
Tommaso lived in Roccapiemonte, Strada Palazzo.
There is no reason (except the surname) to think That Tommaso and Filippo were related.
You can, now, ask again to the Archivio di Stato of Salerno for other children of Filippo and Vincenza, and the same for Gennaro and Cecilia (but i don't know if they'll search them in your place!!!).

Luca

#9: Re: Can someone translate? Author: lilbeesLocation: Georgia, USA PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:48 pm
    ----
Thank you Luca. I am not really concerned about Flippo's family. I am wanting more information about the children of Gennaro and Cecilia. As I mentioned before, I believe that is where the connection with the Rescigno families in Connecticutt and New Jersey, USA. So, at this point, that is my only interest in learning of the other children of Gennaro and Cecilia.

I have written the Archives to see if I can get more information. The only information available possibly the land records:

CATASTI ONCIARI, Roccapiemonte, 1749, voll.3
CATASTO PROVVISORIO 1810-1926, voll.2398

I am not sure they will be of assistance. I have to read more about these before I make a request.

Once again Luca, you have been very helpful and I thank you.

lilbees

-> Translations