Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Rocky road bars
-> Recipes

#1: Rocky road bars Author: EmmyLocation: Scotland PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:40 pm
    ----
These sweet, crunchy cookies are so easy to prepare. takes approx 15 minutes to make them
To make 16 bars line a 20.5cm/8 inch square tin with backing parchment
Place 225g/8oz butter, 100g/4oz chopped plain chocolate (I use milk chocolate), 2 tablespoons of Lyles Golden Syrup, 2 tbsp cocoa powder and 2 tbsp castor sugarin a pan and heat gently. stirring until melted. Remove from the heat and leave to cool for approx 10 minutes
Then Place 100g/4oz Malteesers, 50g./2oz milk chocolate chips, 50g/2oz white chocolate chips, 100g/4oz mini marshmallows and 225g/8oz broken ginger biscuits ( I use digestive biscuits) in a bowl. Pour in the melted mixture and mix well. Spoon the mixture into tin and level. Chill for 2hrs or until set. Either cover with melted choclate or dust with icing sugar.
Then sit back and look at them and watch the others enjoying eating them Sad Sad Sad Sad Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Emmy

#2: Re: Rocky road bars Author: Cathy PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:58 am
    ----
You are almost evil! LOL They sound great! But my diet.... Crying or Very sad

#3: Re: Rocky road bars Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:06 am
    ----

No I'd better not try these as well....
then again - maybe just ONE wont hurt!

#4: Re: Rocky road bars Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:31 pm
    ----
emmy..

I think we need to invest in a flight for you to come here and bake. Your recipes always sound so good..and soooooooo sinful.

#5: Re: Rocky road bars Author: EmmyLocation: Scotland PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:16 pm
    ----
Smile Twisted Evil
I made a tray of these yesterday for my grandson (he's 16years old and he just lOVES them) my son was going to visit last night and I had them ready for him to take home with him but there was a hitch and he couldnt make it.
So you all can guess how I feel seeing that tray of goodies sitting in my fridge every time I open the fridge door Shocked Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
So far only 1 small piece has disappeared.

Not quite sure where it went though Question Question Twisted Evil
Emmy

#6: Re: Rocky road bars Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:22 pm
    ----
emmy...

Be careful! You know you're NOT supposed to do that!

-> Recipes