Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Commune di Pieve di Cadore?
-> Northern Italy

#91: Re: Commune di Pieve di Cadore? Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:54 pm
    ----
JoeB wrote:
Does the plain old microphone and system speakers work? Just for test purposes...I'm not cheap, just lazy.

Yes, it does!

I have a dualphone which I use both for Skype and regular calls with through my PTT provider.

Last edited by liviomoreno on Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

#92: Re: Commune di Pieve di Cadore? Author: JoeBLocation: Chicago Area PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:05 pm
    ----
liviomoreno wrote:
JoeB wrote:
Does the plain old microphone and system speakers work? Just for test purposes...I'm not cheap, just lazy.

Yes, it does!

I have a dualphone which I use both for Skype and regular calls with through my PTT provider.

Well I've got the equipment, now I'll read the instructions...Thanks Livio

#93: Re: Commune di Pieve di Cadore? Author: JoeBLocation: Chicago Area PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:41 pm
    ----
On another subject altogether...Didn't someone create a questionnaire that can be given to friends and relatives for genealogy data? I seem to remember seeing that on this site. A recent family party evoked a bunch of offers to send me family history, "if only I had a form to fill out." Anyone remember seeing that form? Joe B.

#94: Re: Commune di Pieve di Cadore? Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:58 pm
    ----
Can this help?

Questionnaire

#95: Re: Commune di Pieve di Cadore? Author: JoeBLocation: Chicago Area PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:15 pm
    ----
Exactly what I was looking for, Big thank You from Chicago...

#96: Re: Commune di Pieve di Cadore? Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:48 pm
    ----
Joe,

Could this be 'your' James Blackwell?

1841 England Census
about James Blackwell
Name: James Blackwell
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1826
Where born: Cheshire, England

Civil Parish: Prestbury
Hundred: Macclesfield
County/Island: Cheshire

Street address:

View Image

Registration district: Macclesfield
Sub registration district: East Macclesfield
Neighbors: View others on page
Household Members:
Name Age
Godfrey Blackwell 50
Edward Blackwell 20
James Blackwell 15
Charles Blackwell 42

Or maybe this one - not very clear but it shows:
>Click here<

Ships Manifest Liverpool to New York 1840

Father William 45
Wife Alice 45
Daughter Wmxxx(?) 16
Son James 13

#97: Re: Commune di Pieve di Cadore? Author: JoeBLocation: Chicago Area PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:15 pm
    ----
Carole wrote:
Joe,

1841 England Census
about James Blackwell

Street address:

View Image

Household Members:
Name Age
Godfrey Blackwell 50
Edward Blackwell 20
James Blackwell 15
Charles Blackwell 42

[>Click here>

Father William 45
Wife Alice 45
Daughter Wmxxx(?) 16
Son James 13

Hi Carole,

The first James might be a match, The father's name isn't George, Godfrey might have been the actual British name, George being the Nickname.

Last edited by JoeB on Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

#98: Re: Commune di Pieve di Cadore? Author: JoeBLocation: Chicago Area PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:14 am
    ----
Carole wrote:
Joe,

1841 England Census
about James Blackwell

Street address:

View Image

Household Members:
Name Age
Godfrey Blackwell 50
Edward Blackwell 20
James Blackwell 15
Charles Blackwell 42

>Click here<

Father William 45
Wife Alice 45
Daughter Wmxxx(?) 16
Son James 13

Another bit that I have on James...

#99: Re: Commune di Pieve di Cadore? Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:57 am
    ----
WOW Joe, you do have so much about James. His army career almost mirrors my great grandfathers, except mine began his at 13yo in 1876... he travelled all over the world like your ancestor but was in the London Irish Rifles.

But I digress. You mentioned that you wanted to contact the Macclesfield BMD office. Well all their records are held by Stockport Council (12 miles away). This area is all part of Greater Manchester - >SEE LINK HERE<

Stockport has a super website which includes a page on genealogy. From that you can navigate to various other BMD information - I won't tell you what you 'might' find there Shocked I'll let you go and discover yourself....bet you're curious now - right? Well I reckon that 90% of the enjoyment of finding things is being able to do it yourself - not just have someone put it on a plate for you - am I right or am I right.

Anyway, heres the link - so go browse and enjoy yourself
>Stockport/Macclesfield Council Registrar of BMD< giornale

sorry - no bananas from me - just my dancing 'wabbit'

#100: Re: Commune di Pieve di Cadore? Author: JoeBLocation: Chicago Area PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:13 pm
    ----
Carole wrote:
WOW Joe, you do have so much about James. His army career almost mirrors my great grandfathers, except mine began his at 13yo in 1876... he travelled all over the world like your ancestor but was in the London Irish Rifles.

But I digress. You mentioned that you wanted to contact the Macclesfield BMD office. Well all their records are held by Stockport Council (12 miles away). This area is all part of Greater Manchester - >SEE LINK HERE<

Stockport has a super website which includes a page on genealogy. From that you can navigate to various other BMD information - I won't tell you what you 'might' find there Shocked I'll let you go and discover yourself....bet you're curious now - right? Well I reckon that 90% of the enjoyment of finding things is being able to do it yourself - not just have someone put it on a plate for you - am I right or am I right.

Anyway, heres the link - so go browse and enjoy yourself
>Stockport/Macclesfield Council Registrar of BMD< giornale

sorry - no bananas from me - just my dancing 'wabbit'

Hi Carole,
I checked the Stockport site. There are two possibilities. Although there is no further data for the entries? I'm not sure what that date column indicates, Birth date, entry date, death date? Also, your absolutley right. I should start researching this stuff on my own. I tend to get lazy and make requests before I have fully investigated a problem. Still a novice, but catching on...Joe

#101: Re: Commune di Pieve di Cadore? Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:59 pm
    ----
Hi Joe,
Now you've got Skype it might be a really good idea to phone the Stockport Registrars Office or even send an E-Mail (but you'll find that they will be really pleased to answer your questions and help you as you are phoning from so far away - you'll see).

Here (below) are the contact details for the Registrars Office - and you're lucky - they DO speak English

Stockport Register Office
Town Hall
John Street Entrance
Stockport
SK1 3XE
Cheshire

To help us provide the best service we strongly recommend customers telephone and book an appointment. Opening hours: 09.00 - 16.30 Monday to Friday. Please note we are closed on the morning of the first Wednesday in the month.

Daytime Tel. No: 0845 644 4311
Fax: 0161 474 3390
Email: register.office @ stockport.gov.uk

#102: Re: Commune di Pieve di Cadore? Author: JoeBLocation: Chicago Area PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:14 pm
    ----
Thanks Carole, I will give them a call...

#103: Re: Commune di Pieve di Cadore? Author: JoeBLocation: Chicago Area PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:44 pm
    ----
Carole wrote:
Hi Joe,
Now you've got Skype it might be a really good idea to phone the Stockport Registrars Office or even send an E-Mail (but you'll find that they will be really pleased to answer your questions and help you as you are phoning from so far away - you'll see).

Here (below) are the contact details for the Registrars Office - and you're lucky - they DO speak English

Stockport Register Office
Town Hall
John Street Entrance
Stockport
SK1 3XE
Cheshire

To help us provide the best service we strongly recommend customers telephone and book an appointment. Opening hours: 09.00 - 16.30 Monday to Friday. Please note we are closed on the morning of the first Wednesday in the month.

Daytime Tel. No: 0845 644 4311
Fax: 0161 474 3390
Email: register.office @ stockport.gov.uk

Hi Carole,

Fairly good news here. Called Stockport (love that Skype thing). They were very busy...suggested that I email. Response was overnight:

Dear Mr. Blackwell,

Civil Registration was started in 1837 so any event prior e.g. Baptisms Burial or Marriages may be held at the church in question or deposited centrally e.g. archivist in central library. Macclesfield is a registration district in its own right and therefore does not come under Stockport, their phone number is 01625 423 463.

Kind regards

W. Roberts
Supt. Registrar

Then I Skyped Macclesfield (Ya-hoo, fun again-31 cents). Was told "right church and right pew"...they asked for a written request with all details. The letter is in the mail. I feel very positive about this. I hope I'm not related to King George, I'm happy with the quiet life. Joe B.

#104: Re: Commune di Pieve di Cadore? Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:43 pm
    ----
Hey Joe..that's great!

Carole is going to be sooooo pleased. I know I am and I can't wait to hear their reply. I am keeping my fingers crossed that it will be all good..

Yes, skype is a blessing..especially in situations such as this! Smile

#105: Re: Commune di Pieve di Cadore? Author: JoeBLocation: Chicago Area PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:49 pm
    ----
nuccia wrote:
Hey Joe..that's great!

Carole is going to be sooooo pleased. I know I am and I can't wait to hear their reply. I am keeping my fingers crossed that it will be all good..

Yes, skype is a blessing..especially in situations such as this! Smile

Hi Nuccia,

Did you ever get all the snow shoveled? Probably a bit colder in Toronto.

Joe

-> Northern Italy