Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Some Progress....
-> General Discussion Groups

#1: Some Progress.... Author: lilbeesLocation: Georgia, USA PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:05 am
    ----
Well, as of today, my Catalano family is growing. I had my great grandmother's name but nothing of her family or where she was born.

Now, with the help of the baptismal record of a grand aunt, I now know the names of of my great grandmother's a brother and sister who where godparents at the baptism in Lercara Friddi, Sicily.

Angela Catalano - great grandmother
Francesco Catalano - brother
Giuseppa Catalano - sister

Again, very common names like Smith and Jones here in the US. I am waiting for my other grand aunt's baptism and the baptism of my grand uncle. Hopefully they will have more names to add.

If anyone has any information on what I have please let me know.| think

Thanks,
lilbees

#2: Re: Some Progress.... Author: BillieDeKidLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:46 pm
    ----
Hi lilbees

I remember when you started your search and I have to say you've come a long way!!! Congratulations on adding to your family and thanks for keeping everyone updated on your progress.
Things like this give me hope that I'll be able to add more to my family information.

Thanks again

#3: Re: Some Progress.... Author: lilbeesLocation: Georgia, USA PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:34 pm
    ----
Elizabeth,

I was told by the Church in Lercara Friddi that the other baptism I am waiting for has other family members listed as godparents.

Too bad no grandparents are listed, at least I don't think so.................well there is hope for us all.

lilbees

-> General Discussion Groups