Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Server Maintenance-
-> Announcements

#16: Re: Server Maintenance- Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:33 pm
    ----
Eleven wrote:
Is it me..or is the forum lacking color? On the main page of the forum, with all of the categories, it is stark white, with no dividing lines between the forum names. I think that used to be a shade of green. The part where you read posts posted by everyone used to be a darker green.., but now, it is also a stark white now. Is it just me..or is everyone seeing this?

Hi Eleven,

Yes the forum pages are a little bit paler.... the black on that darker green has been something we were never totally happy with, so we asked our 'techie' (Devon kiss ) to see if he could 'lighten things up a bit' (in the nicest possible sense you understand Rolling Eyes )...

As for the stark white pages - mine are fine. Have you tried logging out and logging back in again, or Refreshing your pages?

N.B. To everyone:
The only 'stark white page' you should get now is if you want to highlight and print a particulr post - or even just a part of it - then using the new blue printer button at the bottom of each page witl bring up a white page where you can highlight your selection (for more info on this please check out the new 'Glitches Thread' on this Announcements Forum)

SO - If you do notice any other changes that you're not sure of - please post your question there so our techie has them all in one place so he can address them quickly.

#17: Re: Server Maintenance- Author: qnana PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:00 pm
    ----
Eleven, You are right - the coloring is different and there are no lines separating the topics. This may not be the end of the world but it is a difference.

Whatever we end up with, I'll live with as this site offers much more than lines and colors!!

qnana Smile

#18: Re: Server Maintenance- Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:51 pm
    ----
I'm glad you find the site useful, in spite of the color changes. Smile But seriously..let us know if it bothers you at all and we can she what we can tweak. We are always interested in opinions.

#19: Re: Server Maintenance- Author: ElevenLocation: New York PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:12 am
    ----
It looks nice. I like the lighter green better than the darker color we had.

#20: Re: Server Maintenance- Author: Devon PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:39 am
    ----
Eleven wrote:
Is it me..or is the forum lacking color? On the main page of the forum, with all of the categories, it is stark white, with no dividing lines between the forum names. I think that used to be a shade of green. The part where you read posts posted by everyone used to be a darker green.., but now, it is also a stark white now. Is it just me..or is everyone seeing this?

Fixed. Hit refresh/reload on your browser window (F5 for IE users). FireFox users might have to hit refresh twice because of the way FireFox caches images.

The "lines" I believe referred to a decorative shadow border for each cell in the forum. It didn't want to play nicely with the new rollover feature. That is now fixed.

The rollover feature is an upgrade. You can click anywhere on a topic category row (not just the cell). That should provide a more efficient use of the otherwise blank areas in a forum category or topic's row.

#21: Re: Server Maintenance- Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:56 am
    ----
Thanks Devon

That was quick. And that new facility looks as if it might be quite useful!

#22: Re: Server Maintenance- Author: DonnaPellegrin PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:38 am
    ----
Love the lighter green! Razz
Donna

-> Announcements