Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: CASTLE GARDEN; tHE SHIPSLIST WEBSITE
-> Resource Pages

#1: CASTLE GARDEN; tHE SHIPSLIST WEBSITE Author: charliemisLocation: Philadelphia PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:51 pm
    ----
after watching Ellis Island (the series is on PBS, but with lots of the same shots in each episode) I was curious about Castle Garden which processed Immigrants arriving in NYC before Ellis Island.....the link below shows a picture and some data on Castle Garden and is on the "Ships list" website which has other good data about arriving ships.

www.theshipslist.com/p...en1855.htm

#2: Re: CASTLE GARDEN; tHE SHIPSLIST WEBSITE Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:53 am
    ----
I missed the show..I couldn't find it in the listings here and I looked all night last night. I was sooo disappointed. I am hoping it shows up on the internet somewhere..maybe U tube. Sad

Was it any good? The link you posted is great...thanks!

#3: Re: CASTLE GARDEN; tHE SHIPSLIST WEBSITE Author: charliemisLocation: Philadelphia PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:07 am
    ----
The show was mostly about the hospital on Ellis Island and it was very interesting.....they are running a series about Ellis Island at the same time on our local PBS stations (Philadelphia).....all are very good, but there is a lot of "cutting and pasting" and a lot of the same content in all of the different episodes.

-> Resource Pages