Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Megan's Walk
-> General Discussion Groups

#1: Megan's Walk Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:40 am
    ----
Ok guys..totally off topic here but I am still going to put this out there.

I very good friend of mine that I worked with for many years had a problem a bit ago. His then 11 year old son was diagnoised with a brain tumor and has been undergoing treatment for over a year. As you can imagine, news like this is devastating to any parent and since my daughter is the same age as Anthony it really hit home! Sick Children's Hospital in Toronto is the hospital I spent most of my young life in as well (I was born with congenital heart disease and was a patient there until I turned 21 actually) and I have been a supporter for years so this cause is important to me on both counts.

This year, Tony and his son Anthony will be participating in Meagan’s Walk on Mothers Day, May 10th, 2009 to help to raise hope, awareness and research funding for pediatric brain tumours. Brain tumours are the leading cause of cancerous deaths among children under the age of 20. ...

If anyone is interesting in joining the walk or donating please visit the link below..

my.e2rm.com/TeamPage.a...SID=220655

If anyone would like any additional information, please contact me and I will get it for you!

Thanks!

#2: Re: Megan's Walk Author: Cathy PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:57 am
    ----
Sounds like a great cause Nuccia. Thanks for posting it.

-> General Discussion Groups