Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Statue of Liberty security
-> General Discussion Groups

#1: Statue of Liberty security Author: Poipu04Location: Connecticut PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:53 pm
    ----
I had to share with you this experience: I have a small swiss army knife (ladies), that has a 1 inch blade, tweezers, toothpick, nail file. The park rangers said that if you have one, it is not allowed on Liberty Island and to check with them. So, I followed directions on what to do with it. The ranger told me to hide it in the bushes in Battery Park! Do you think I was going to hide a knife in the bushes in NYC??? Nuts! You know, there are criminals out there and do they know that Battery Park is where there are knives in the bushes??? I just threw it out in the garbage.

#2: Re: Statue of Liberty security Author: ElevenLocation: New York PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:25 pm
    ----
LOL..like nobody would see you bending by a bush..and taking a look as soon as you left.

#3: Re: Statue of Liberty security Author: MikeSavoca91 PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:35 am
    ----
You know it is sad, when I went to Croatia 2 years ago, and you aren't allowed matches or lighters on the flight. Well my mom went to ask the lady what do, she was going to throw them out and the lady was like of put it all the way at the bottom of your bag and no one will notice. For all the security they talk about, it is very easy to get around it. Hide the knife in a bush....SMART! People are so stupid.

#4: Re: Statue of Liberty security Author: ElevenLocation: New York PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:08 am
    ----
I think whats happening now is that they are giving people a false sense of security. As you can see by Mike's post and Lori's post, some of those in charge are making up their own rules. And if two incidents can be reported in a small forum..imagine whats really going on?

A couple of years ago, we went to Hershey park. Before they let you in..they did a bag check. They even checked baby diaper bags. But..all they did was have you hold it open..and they peeked in. Ya know..something could have been at the bottom..and they would never have known. Why bother? If you are gonna check..then check..or dont waste the time.

-> General Discussion Groups