Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Professions
-> General Discussion Groups

#1: Professions Author: lilbeesLocation: Georgia, USA PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:36 pm
    ----
Can someone tell me what professions these are?

I have been over many of the lists for profession but only find some that may be close but not sure.

Thanks,
lilbees

Last edited by lilbees on Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:29 am; edited 2 times in total

#2: Re: Professions Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:38 pm
    ----
The top link didn't work lilbees....
and I'm still thinking abaout the second.
Sorry!

#3: Re: Professions Author: lilbeesLocation: Georgia, USA PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:25 pm
    ----
Whoops! I think I fixed the link for that now. Thanks for letting me know

lilbees

#4: Re: Professions Author: Cathy PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:14 pm
    ----
The first link works but not the second....

#5: Re: Professions Author: lilbeesLocation: Georgia, USA PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:24 am
    ----
Thanks Cathy. Will try to fix the 2nd link now.

lilbees

#6: Re: Professions Author: lilbeesLocation: Georgia, USA PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:39 am
    ----
I thinks I have both fixed. I should tell you what I came up with for the first profession. The closest I found was warehouseman.

On the other two, lamp trimmer and peasant. I am sure these are wrong. Hope you can help.

lilbees

#7: Re: Professions Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:30 am
    ----
But what 'letters' did you see to come to those conclusions?

I find them very hard to read, as they seem blurred they are so large... but I'm sure that's my eyes - nothing more.

#8: Re: Professions Author: lilbeesLocation: Georgia, USA PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:21 am
    ----
Campiere - field worker for the first name on the second link
Lanna___ on the last one (I think).
I tried ? many but can't come up with anything else. At this point I am only guessing. Been through the LDS occupation listing and one on Geocities. Tried googling several variations as well.

lilbees

#9: Re: Professions Author: JosephDLocation: Philadelphia, PA PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:51 pm
    ----
Hello,
This is my first post on Gente. What a great site! On the second document I think the profession is Zannaio or Zanaio (I have seen it spelled both ways) which is a basketmaker. I can't open the first link.
Just a guess.

Joseph

#10: Re: Professions Author: lilbeesLocation: Georgia, USA PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:20 pm
    ----
Thank you so much Joseph. I have fixed the first link so give it a try.

lilbees

#11: Re: Professions Author: JosephDLocation: Philadelphia, PA PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:40 pm
    ----
Sorry lilbees but I have tried the first link again and still can't access it.
Joseph

#12: Re: Professions Author: uantitiLocation: Biella (Piedmont) and Venezia/Venice, Italy PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:09 pm
    ----
To me the first profession is:

Marammiere this is not an Italian word, it comes from Sicilian and the meaning is Mason or anyone building houses.

The other word is Campiere and that's an old local word meaning field worker.

Cheers

Ada

#13: Re: Professions Author: lilbeesLocation: Georgia, USA PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:16 pm
    ----
As usual, thank you so much Ada.

lilbees

-> General Discussion Groups