Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Would appreciate some help with this document
-> Translations

#1: Would appreciate some help with this document Author: EmmyLocation: Scotland PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:59 am
    ----
I'm almost sure these two documents are death records relating to my ancestors I thought one related to the death of Luigi DFilippis -my GG grandfather and it gave the name of his father -GiovamBattista but I couldnt make out the mother's name (if htis is the correct document then that would give me the names of my GGGGrandparents.
I would be grateful for any help or suggestions

Emmy
[IMG]http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/5

[IMG]http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/7

#2: Re: Would appreciate some help with this document Author: JamesBiancoLocation: Westfield, MA. PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:08 am
    ----
Emmy those links don't work, could you try and fix that?

#3: Re: Would appreciate some help with this document Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:44 am
    ----
I've fixed them for you Emmy - i was just the closing [/URL] that was missing...

They should be OK now...

#4: Re: Would appreciate some help with this document Author: JamesBiancoLocation: Westfield, MA. PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:51 am
    ----
Great Carole, thanks. Now Emmy is there any way we could get a larger image? I am straining my eyes to read this.

Shocked

#5: Re: Would appreciate some help with this document Author: chanchisfea PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:40 am
    ----
Being that the image isn't big enough and slightly blurry...I read: Teresa Gigliardi? [image #1] ....Maddalena Simeone [image #2].... Smile

#6: Re: Would appreciate some help with this document Author: LucaLocation: Terni - Italy PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:21 am
    ----
chanchisfea wrote:
...Teresa Gagliardi defunta=deceased [image #1] ....Maddalena Simeone [image #2] .... Smile
Not 100%, but almost sure for the first one; the 2nd it's ok.

Luca

#7: Re: Would appreciate some help with this document Author: EmmyLocation: Scotland PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:47 pm
    ----
Thank you Carole I tried two or three times but it was just the numbers coming up and no images when I posted.
Thanks to everyone for helping with the last names
Embarassed I forgot to ask if you could make out the name of the person who had died. I thought one record was for Luigi DeFilippis and the other one for Domenico De Filippis
Sorry I just cant make the image any clearer or bigger.
I'm very grateful for your help.xx
Emmy

#8: Re: Would appreciate some help with this document Author: EmmyLocation: Scotland PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:57 pm
    ----
I've tried this hope its a bit better Emmy

#9: Re: Would appreciate some help with this document Author: maryLocation: Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:44 pm
    ----
Emmy, here's my take:

Act #25, 1860

Deceased: Luigi de Filippis, age 81
Profession: peasant
Son of: Gianbattista de Filippis and Teresa Gagliardi

The rest is too blurry to figure out.

Act #15, 1859

Deceased: Domenico de Filippis, husband of Vittoria Pastore
Date of death: July 2
Son of the late Gianantonio and the late Maddalena Simeone
Witnesses: Michele de Filippis, 71, peasant, (can't make out the relationship), and Raffaele de Filippis, cousin, 71, landowner
Profession: landowner (plus something else I can't make out)

Mary

#10: Re: Would appreciate some help with this document Author: EmmyLocation: Scotland PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:13 am
    ----
Thanks Mary
It is definately the death record for my GGGrandfather and now I have the names of my GGGGrandparents Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy It seems that my grandfather was named after his GGrandfather
It seems the 2nd record is not my ancestors but could be a close relative to them because my GGrandfather had a brother named Raffaele and it seemed many of the Defilippis lived in Strada del Porta in Aquafondata.
Many thanks for taking the time to have a look at the documents.
Love
God Bless
Emmy

#11: Re: Would appreciate some help with this document Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:26 am
    ----
mary wrote:
Act #15, 1859

Deceased: Domenico de Filippis, husband of Vittoria Pastore
Date of death: July 2
Son of the late Gianantonio and the late Maddalena Simeone
Witnesses: Michele de Filippis, 71, peasant, (can't make out the relationship), and Raffaele de Filippis, cousin, 71, landowner
Profession: landowner (plus something else I can't make out)

Mary

I believe it says "germano"=brother

#12: Re: Would appreciate some help with this document Author: maryLocation: Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:33 am
    ----
You're welcome Emmy. Glad I could help. I enjoy the challenge.

Livio, is the word "germano" for brother still being used today, or is it an older term? Not that my knowledge of Italian is extensive, but I have never heard of that word being used for "brother".

One side bonus of genealogy research is how much my Italian vocabulary is improving.

Thanks, Livio.

Mary

#13: Re: Would appreciate some help with this document Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:02 am
    ----
Mary,
nowadays the word "germano" is rarely used.

#14: Re: Would appreciate some help with this document Author: uantitiLocation: Biella (Piedmont) and Venezia/Venice, Italy PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:40 am
    ----
The word "fratello germano" or "sorella germana" (masculin/feminine) is nowaday a law term. In inheritance matters "brother-german" or "sister-german" is used to distinguish them from stepbrother/stepsister. I think the term is used in English too.

Ada

Last edited by uantiti on Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:58 am; edited 1 time in total

#15: Re: Would appreciate some help with this document Author: LucaLocation: Terni - Italy PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:10 am
    ----
For what it is worth, this is the transcription (sorry, but i can't read the registrar's surname):

Numero d'ordine 15
L'anno 1859 e dì 3 del mese di luglio alle ore 10 avanti di noi Pietro Antonio Xxxx, xxx ed Ufficiale dello Stato Civile del Comune di Acquafondata, distretto di Sora, provincia di Terra di Lavoro, sono comparsi Michele de Filippis germano al defunto, di anni 71, di professione contadino regnicolo domiciliato in Acquafondata strada detta la Porta(!) e Raffaele de Filippis cugino al defunto, di anni 71, di professione proprietario regnicolo domiciliato anche in detto Comune e strada, i quali hanno dichiarato che nel giorno 2 del mese di luglio anno suddetto alle ore 11 è morto, nella casa del defunto, Domenico de Filippis, marito di Vittoria Pastore, nato in Acquafondata, di anni 69 di professione proprietario supplente(!) domiciliato in detto Comune, figlio del fu Giannantonio (short form for Giovanni Antonio) e della fu Maddalena Simeone

Luca

-> Translations