Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Please translate for member - tracer56
-> Translations

#1: Please translate for member - tracer56 Author: BillieDeKidLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:11 am
    ----
One of our forum members (tracer56) is having trouble uploading so I am doing it for him. He would like someone to translate for him please.

Thanks.

#2: Re: Please translate for member - tracer56 Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:40 am
    ----
Elizabeth,
to my eyes, the image is too small and blurry...

#3: Re: Please translate for member - tracer56 Author: LucaLocation: Terni - Italy PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:10 am
    ----
Me too!

Luca

#4: Re: Please translate for member - tracer56 Author: BillieDeKidLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:40 am
    ----
Thanks Livio and Luca. I sent him an email asking for the original(s). I'll post later today if sent to me.

#5: Re: Please translate for member - tracer56 Author: maryLocation: Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:49 am
    ----
The only thing I'm sure of is that it is a birth registration for a male child named Francesco.

I am reasonably sure that the child's father was (? surname) Giuseppe, son of Pasquale. The declarer was (? last name) Maria of the late Antonio.

Mary

#6: Re: Please translate for member - tracer56 Author: Cathy PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:56 am
    ----
I saved the image to my hard drive and magnified it. It is blurry but here is what I can make out.
The birth of Francesco Aiello was reported by Maria Ciancio daughter of the late Antonio. She is 83? The mother's name is very difficult to make out but I see Concetta something wife of Giuseppe Aiello, son of Pasquale who is a laborer and living in San Fili.

Sorry I cannot make out the mom's name.

#7: Re: Please translate for member - tracer56 Author: tracer56 PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:00 pm
    ----
Thanks to all for your efforts. The mothers name appears to be Cesario. I cannot make out the birth date. In the records we have found a Teresa Cesario married to Giuseppe Aeillo.Our Frank stated his birth date as being 28 August 1866. From what I recall thi record came from 1889. I am really curious of the last couple lines that mention America.

#8: Re: Please translate for member - tracer56 Author: uantitiLocation: Biella (Piedmont) and Venezia/Venice, Italy PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:36 pm
    ----
The last lines you are curious about just say that the birth was declared by the midwife. The child's father could not do it as he was travelling to US.
The mother of the child is Concetta Cesario wife of Giuseppe Aiello son of Pasquale.
The act date seems March 27 but the birth is 26. The year is really hard to read but is not 1889. The last number could be 8 (otto).

Ada

#9: Re: Please translate for member - tracer56 Author: LucaLocation: Terni - Italy PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:27 pm
    ----
tracer56 wrote:
...I am really curious of the last couple lines that mention America.
As already said by Uantiti: "la dichiarante ha denunciato la nascita suddetta per avere nelle preindicate sue qualità prestati i xxx dell'arte sua nell'atto del parto, ed in luogo del marito della Cesario il quale non ha potuto denunciarlo perchè xxx partito per America".

Luca

#10: Re: Please translate for member - tracer56 Author: BillieDeKidLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:24 pm
    ----
Here is the new image (original)

I split it in to two halves (top and bottom) for larger viewing.

My two cents.......the birth year is 1888, birth registered on March 27 but actual birth was March 26.

Maybe everyone can take another look to translate for tracer56.

Thanks

#11: Re: Please translate for member - tracer56 Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:22 am
    ----
Unfortunately there is not much to add to what already posted.

Francesco Aiello was born March 26, 1888 (not sure about the year) to Cocetta Cesario and Giuseppe Ajello, farmhand, son of Pasquale. The announcement of the birth as done by the midwife since Giuseppe had left for America.

#12: Re: Please translate for member - tracer56 Author: BillieDeKidLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:49 pm
    ----
Hi all. Here is another document that tracer56 would like to have translated.

Thanks

#13: Re: Please translate for member - tracer56 Author: tracer56 PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:08 pm
    ----
To Luca, Ada,Livio and Elizabeth, thank you so much for your efforts. I appreciatte not only what you have done for me, but what you do in helping all others find thiers souls connection to those that provided so much in the past that has helped make us who we are today. The last five years of research has taught me not only a great deal about my family's past, but about my self as well. Unfortunatly one thing it has not taught me is how to read Italian. ( At least not yet!!!) Thanks again for your help. Bless you.

#14: Re: Please translate for member - tracer56 Author: uantitiLocation: Biella (Piedmont) and Venezia/Venice, Italy PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:55 pm
    ----
Billie
the last document is really too hard to read. The only things I could read and of which I'm not completely sure are:

The year could be 1860 or 1870 cannot read the day and month looks October.

The declarant is Francesco Aiello of the late Pietro(?) age 44, profession......., the baby is a girl. His wife name seems Concetta but cannot read her surname, she's 39, profession farmer. There is a 17 October which could be the date of birth.
The name given to the baby is Santa Serafina Aiello.

Sorry but the quality it too bad. Corrections are welcome.

Ada

Last edited by uantiti on Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

#15: Re: Please translate for member - tracer56 Author: BillieDeKidLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:57 pm
    ----
Thank you so much for taking a look Ada it's greatly appreciated.

-> Translations