Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Please need a little more help
-> Translations

#1: Please need a little more help Author: EmmyLocation: Scotland PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:37 am
    ----
These are the death acts of my GGG Grandparents.
GoivamBattista de Filippis and Teresa Gagliardi
What I'm finding difficlut to make out is the names of their parents at the bottom of the documents

Giovanni's mother seems to be Benedetta Coletta??
but I cant make out his fathers first name it seems to begin with Ce

Teresa's mother Margarita Gentile??
Her Father N???? Luca?
Be grateful for any suggestions
Emmyxx

#2: Re: Please need a little more help Author: LucaLocation: Terni - Italy PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:42 am
    ----
Emmy wrote:
Giovanni's mother seems to be Benedetta Coletta (Ok, another possibility could be Colella, but i think that Coletta is the right one)
but I cant make out his fathers first name it seems to begin with Ce: Cesare
Sorry, but i can't open the second photo!
Luca

#3: Re: Please need a little more help Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:06 pm
    ----
Try again, Luca. I was able to open both without any problem. Maybe the program was down when you tried?

#4: Re: Please need a little more help Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:10 pm
    ----
Emmy wrote:

Teresa's mother Margarita Gentile??
Her Father N???? Luca?

Margarita Gentile is correct.
The father is Notar Luigi. Notar=Notary. This means that Luigi was a Notary.

As far the first document is concerned you already had the answer from Luca and I agree that the name is Coletta.

#5: Re: Please need a little more help Author: EmmyLocation: Scotland PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:20 pm
    ----
Many thanks Luca, Nuccia and Livio I had never heard the name Cesare Is there an equivalent translation to English?
I do appreciate your help xx
Emmy

#6: Re: Please need a little more help Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:29 am
    ----
I don't know how to translate Cesare in English. The name derives from the famous Caius Julius Caesar.

#7: Re: Please need a little more help Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:59 am
    ----
Here, in Canada, Cesare is the same...or sometimes, like in my son's case, the name is translated to Jesse. My son's middle name is Vincenzo..

I ALWAYS wanted a son called Jesse James .. hehe

#8: Re: Please need a little more help Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:17 am
    ----
My BiL was Cesare and I always though of it as Cesar... (or Caesar). I'm sure the older among you remember Cesar Romero and more recently Cesar Chavez...

#9: Re: Please need a little more help Author: EmmyLocation: Scotland PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:02 am
    ----
Many thanks to everyone
My dad's name was Christopher but on his birth record it was something like Crislinzz I do know they made a proper mix up when his birth was registered
My grandfather's name was Giovanni Battista De fililppis and on the birth document that took me ages to find! on the index it was listed as Cr** etc and the surname he had been given was Batistta the date of birth and the address were correct obvious the person recording the birth couldnt have understood what my grandfather was saying.
Just thought that the name Cesare may have been connected to my father's name in some way.
Thanks again
Emmy xx

-> Translations