Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Birth Record
-> Where do I begin?

#1: Birth Record Author: Antonio PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:24 pm
    ----
I've been trying to get my Italian Citizenship but I facing same difficulties.
Now my grand father's birth certificate is requested by the Italian Consulate.
My Grandfather name was Francesco Crispi - and arrived at Port of Santos ( São Paulo State - Brazil) in 19/07/1896. He was born in Nocera Inferiore - Region of Campania - Province of Salermo. The great problem is that his birthday is unknown. How is the best way to begin to search such kind of information. Any clue will be mostly appreciated.
tks so much .

#2: Re: Birth Record Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:29 am
    ----
Is this your Francesco arriving with his wife and son in São Paulo?

FRANCESCO CRISPI CHEFE 19/7/1896 ITALIA
GENNARO - FILHO 19/7/1896 ITALIA
LUISA - MULHER 19/7/1896 ITALIA

You can order a copy of his ship manifest from here

www.memorialdoimigrant...SCO+CRISPI

to get his approximate age and from there you can request a copy of his birth act.

Someone here should be able to provide the address of the Comune to write to.

#3: Re: Birth Record Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:59 am
    ----
When you have Francesco's birth date you may request the birth certificate to:

Ufficio di Stato Civile
Comune di Nocera Inferiore
Piazza Diaz
84014 Nocera Inferiore (SA)
Italia

#4: Re: Birth Record Author: Antonio PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:48 pm
    ----
Dear Nuccia,
Thanks for your help, but I have already requested record about Francesco Crispi ( My Grandfather ) but no Birth Record been received.
All I got on certificate was disembarked date and the name of ship.
Unfortunatelly the most important data which is the date he was born had not been able to be provided. In another word the requested and paid certificate to www.memorialdoimigrante.com.br was not usefull
Tks anyway for your message I appreciated it

#5: Re: Birth Record Author: Antonio PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:54 pm
    ----
liviomoreno wrote:
When you have Francesco's birth date you may request the birth certificate to:

Ufficio di Stato Civile
Comune di Nocera Inferiore
Piazza Diaz
84014 Nocera Inferiore (SA)
Italia

Yes, I will do it as soon as I find out My Grand father birthdate. Any new information should you have will be most wellcomed.

#6: Re: Birth Record Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:46 am
    ----
Do you know when he may have died? You may be able to get the information you need off his death certificate. You could always try to approximate his age and ask the Comune to do a 10 year search. Perhaps requesting a copy of the marriage certificate - and I would include that his father's name may have been Gennaro (Italians often named their first born son after their fathers). Ask them to search 1885 to 1895 for the marriage of Francesco di Gennaro and Louisa. It's a long shot but it may work.

Last edited by nuccia on Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

#7: Re: Birth Record Author: Antonio PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:19 pm
    ----
To all of you.

Many thanks for your effords in helping me. It is very nice to acknowledge that you took your time to give me so precious suggestions.
Any other suggestion you may have, please send me. It will be very wellcomed.

Antonio Crispi Filho

-> Where do I begin?