Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Extra FHC films
-> General Discussion Groups

#1: Extra FHC films Author: EmmyLocation: Scotland PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 4:35 pm
    ----
Yesterday when I was at the FHC I was searching a (marriage documents) film for Acquafondata and I found records for two other areas on the film. I'm not sure where I should post the details -meantime I'll post the details in the Central Italy Forum.
Emmy

#2: Re: Extra FHC films Author: MauroMagsLocation: New Jersey PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 5:58 pm
    ----
i've encountered that so many times... sometimes to my benefit, but often the records are from a nearby town.

I wonder why that happens?

#3: Re: Extra FHC films Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 2:34 am
    ----
I've had the same thing happen a few times and have wondered the same thing.

#4: Re: Extra FHC films Author: Biff83Location: Florida PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 8:36 am
    ----
I believe that each town was/is required to send copies of all vital records to the province; and I also believe that the LDS used the provincial copies to compile the microfilm records. So, if the provincial records were misfiled, that would result in the situation above. This also might explain why the LDS descriptions for some town records state "some years missing." I'd let the local FHC know what records are on the microfilm in question so they can contact LDS and request that the description be amended for the Acquafondata microfilms; and that additional listings be included for the microfilm listings for Cervaro and Viticuso since, if only the Acquafondata description is amended, there sill be no way for anyone searching for the Cervaro and Viticuso records to find them.

Biff

#5: Re: Extra FHC films Author: EmmyLocation: Scotland PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 5:02 pm
    ----
Thanks for that advice Biff I'll write the information down for them and give it to the person in charge next week.
It's true what you say perhaps those other two communes are not listed, I havent checked to find out yet but I'll do that before I give the letter
Thanks again Biff
Emmy

#6: Re: Extra FHC films Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 2:49 am
    ----
Great idea Biff! I think I may just do the same!

#7: Re: Extra FHC films Author: EmmyLocation: Scotland PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 5:47 pm
    ----
I have just checked the Films on Familysearch.org and both CERVARO and VITIEUSA are not listed. That's 3years in formation for Cervaro and 42 years of information for Vitieusa recorded but not available to people searching those areas Crying or Very sad

I put in Italy after the name and also tried it with Frosinone but nothing came up and that's a lot of information on that Aquafondata film that's being lost to others trying to research those areas.

So I do think we should all take Biff's advice and take a note of any other areas listed on the films we order I know there is another area listed on one of the films I have for Sant'Elia (?Rocando?)and there's more information about that town than there is on Sant'Elia because before I get to the information for Sant'Elia I'm almost at the end of the film. I must try to find which film its on and tell them about it too.

Emmy

#8: Re: Extra FHC films Author: EmmyLocation: Scotland PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 5:55 pm
    ----
Just a thought maybe meantime if we discover other communes on films we have received perhaps we could post it here somewhere and give the number of the film and the names of the other communes on it.
Could maybe help someone meantime because I think it would take a while for the LDS to fix this for it seems they're very busy at the moment.
Emmy

#9: Re: Extra FHC films Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 6:25 pm
    ----
I think that's a great idea emmy. Let me talk with Carole a perhaps we can create a section for just such a topic. Smile

#10: Re: Extra FHC films Author: EmmyLocation: Scotland PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 11:44 am
    ----
I have just been to my FHC this afternoon and gave them the list of the films that were not recorded and she said it would be very helpful if when someone finds another film with a different commune added to the film they ordered to check the FH films to see if it listed and if not go to the bottom of the first page of Family Search.org and scroll to the bottom and where it says 'contact' you can send them an email listing what you have discovered and she says they will reply to the email. I told her what we were thinking about re posting the information we found on the forum and she thought that was a very good idea meantime until they updated the films. The other film that I found on the Sant'Elia film was listed under its own commune's name must check the years listed Embarassed forgot to do that.
Emmy

-> General Discussion Groups