Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: name identification
-> Translations

#1: name identification Author: venturelambLocation: Orange, CA PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:16 am
    ----
You guys helped me open up a whole branch the last time you translated something for me, it was incredible. Now I just have one more hurdle that I haven't been able to figure out for a while. I'm trying to identify the parents names of the woman. The groom's parents' names are Allessandro and Giovanella. I'm not good with Italian names but someone might be able to recognize something.

Thanks!

#2: Re: name identification Author: LucaLocation: Terni - Italy PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:24 am
    ----
Maybe Arianna for the mother, but i can't figure out the father.
Luca

Btw
The name of the groom's father is Alessandro, with only a "L"

#3: Re: name identification Author: uantitiLocation: Biella (Piedmont) and Venezia/Venice, Italy PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:31 am
    ----
Hi,
Correct spelling (in Italian) is Alessandro and Giovannella.

The other names look (to me) Gervaso and Filomena but is mispelled as it ends with an "o" which makes it masculin and I'm not sure it starts with an "F".

Ada

#4: Re: name identification Author: uantitiLocation: Biella (Piedmont) and Venezia/Venice, Italy PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:35 am
    ----
Ah Luca, scusa. Che ne dici? Sembrerebbe Filoneno.

Ada

#5: Re: name identification Author: venturelambLocation: Orange, CA PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:28 pm
    ----
thanks for all the suggestions and spelling corrections! I really had no where to begin, except thinking the father's name looked somewhat like Gennaro

#6: Re: name identification Author: LucaLocation: Terni - Italy PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:22 pm
    ----
Scusa Ada se non ti ho risposto ma ho riacceso solo ora il computer: il problema è che non vedo più la foto... Confused Confused
Ma dov'è finita?

l.

EDIT:
Dopo inviato il messaggio mi è riapparsa, ma non ho proprio idea di che nome sia: certo chi Filomena era un nome certamente più diffuso di Arianna.

#7: Re: name identification Author: uantitiLocation: Biella (Piedmont) and Venezia/Venice, Italy PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:01 pm
    ----
Very Happy

a.

-> Translations