Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Chipping Away at Those Bricks!
-> General Discussion Groups

#1: Chipping Away at Those Bricks! Author: BonValLocation: Florida PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:05 pm
    ----
party I am having a party!!!! This has turned into a good week -- we went to FHL today and had phenominal good fortune! More of the films we rented came in -- we knew from our trip to Campodimele that Grandfather Valentino was born on July 20,1866 - we learned his father was Onofrio Pannozzo We learned Onofrio married Maria Concetta Di Bratta, daughter of Rocco D. - Now due to the film we have photocopies of the certificates that show that Onofrio's parents were Antonio Anselmo P. and Paola Picano. We leaned Onofrio married Maria Concetta Di Bratta, daughter of Rocco D. and Angela Antonelli, one more name! We also now find that Maria Concetta was born in Fondi but lived in Campodimele! Onofrio and Maria Concetta married in 1849 at ages of 24 and 25. We also then found the original certificate for the marriage and promissario of marriage for Antonio Anselmo Pannozzo to Paola Picano 8 Nov 1819! Now we know his parents Peitro Pannozzo and Maria Grazia Pannozzo(same last name - as is almost everyone there!). Paola's parents are Paolino P. and Domenico Fajole (deceased at this point) - what gave us more pleasure was seeing notations of designated Zio as a witness and brothers even though they were only teens! Based on ages mentioned we figure we will be back to about 1780s for the next certificate.
Now we need to find Cristina Marciano from Itri married to Valentino in 1866 - but they never came here.

#2: Re: Chipping Away at Those Bricks! Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:23 pm
    ----
Hey..you DID have a good week. Your research is progressing rapidly! I am so happy for you. I feel almost guilty since I haven't been doing much of anything in the way of research for a few months. I have been concentrating on the neglected housework (I was too busy researching to do much for a while..lol)

How do you plan to find Cristina and Valentino's info? Do you have to rent another film or write away for it? Let me live my researching slump through you.. lol

#3: Re: Chipping Away at Those Bricks! Author: BonValLocation: Florida PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:08 pm
    ----
We're really not sure what to do about Cristina - Nonno called her his 'doll' -- she is so tiny in the photos we have of her - the only one we have of him is from July 1949 - 15 days before he died - holding her hand so protectively. He is wearing a black armband mourning the death of a son less than 2 yrs. before - and he is wearing a new pair of shoes - a first for a man who always wore Roman sandals! It looks as if he towers over her. She dies about 1966 at age 93 so we cannot find her in the films for Morti - she was probably born about 1873 which also misses the available films -- sigh.... so I guess that leaves me to email our fellow in Itri and BEGGGGGGG. Unless anyone has any other ideas? I am now up against same isses for the rest of the Pannozzo's as we are so far back -- except to maybe sort out some aunts and uncles and cousins.

#4: Re: Chipping Away at Those Bricks! Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:32 am
    ----
Looks like writing away is the only thing you can do right now. I can't see any other way. And definitely sort out those relatives if you can. Its so cool finding "the family" and all the extra little clues that come with the discovery. I'm at the same point now..maybe thats why I am taking it easy. I will pick up soon though..especially if this weather doesn't improve. Its going to be a cool and damp summer at this rate so I should have time on my hands.

-> General Discussion Groups