Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Motta, Ravetta, Clerici & Colli from Novara
-> Northern Italy

#1: Motta, Ravetta, Clerici & Colli from Novara Author: signoretti PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:21 pm
    ----
Ciao ~
Hello! I am new at the forum. My g-g grandmother Rita Ravetta and g-g-grandfather Ercole Motta were both born in Novara in 1856. I am currently looking for family in Novara with the same surname. I have the names of Rita and Ercole's brothers and sisters born in Novara also. If any one could help that would be wonderful.
Grazie ~ Very Happy

Last edited by signoretti on Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

#2: Re: Motta and Ravetta from Novara Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:13 am
    ----
signoretti wrote:
Ciao ~
Hello! I am new at the forum. My g-g grandmother Rita Ravetta and g-g-grandfather Ercole Motta were both born in Novara in 1856. I am currently looking for family in Novara with the same surname. I have the names of Rita and Ercole's brothers and sisters born in Novara also. If any one could help that would be wonderful.
Grazie ~ Very Happy

Hi, and welcome to "Gente". You know your gg grandparents date and place of birth, but where have you searched for other news? Or is this the start of your research? If you have done some, it is useful for others to know and could save them a lot of time... Have you, or has anyone cecked the Ancestry.com Italian section? There are a lot of files there for the Lombardy region where Novara is...

ANY tiny bit of information can be the clue that may lead to more information!

#3: Re: Motta and Ravetta from Novara Author: uantitiLocation: Biella (Piedmont) and Venezia/Venice, Italy PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:38 pm
    ----
Hi,
do you have documents saying that your ancestors were born in Novara? Or is it Novara province? Once Novara province was larger than it is now and many immigrants were declaring the province instead of the town name.

Ada

P.S.
Carole, sorry but Novara is in Piedmont (Piemonte) region Very Happy

#4: Re: Motta and Ravetta from Novara Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:50 pm
    ----
uantiti wrote:
Hi,
do you have documents saying that your ancestors were born in Novara? Or is it Novara province? Once Novara province was larger than it is now and many immigrants were declaring the province instead of the town name.

Ada

P.S.
Carole, sorry but Novara is in Piedmont (Piemonte) region
Very Happy

Ooops... Embarassed I should know better shouldn't I? It's so near to the Ticino and the Province border (14km), and only 50km from Milano (25mins by car) it's so easy to forget that it is Piemonte.. peep

#5: Re: Motta and Ravetta from Novara Author: uantitiLocation: Biella (Piedmont) and Venezia/Venice, Italy PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:17 pm
    ----
These are the Italian White pages, you can see here addresses of people with surname Ravetta and Motta.

White Pages

Ada

#6: Re: Motta and Ravetta from Novara Author: uantitiLocation: Biella (Piedmont) and Venezia/Venice, Italy PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:20 pm
    ----
Carole wrote:
uantiti wrote:
Hi,

Ada

P.S.
Carole, sorry but Novara is in Piedmont (Piemonte) region
Very Happy

Ooops... Embarassed I should know better shouldn't I? It's so near to the Ticino and the Province border (14km), and only 50km from Milano (25mins by car) it's so easy to forget that it is Piemonte.. peep

kiss

A.

#7: Re: Motta, Ravetta, Clerici from Novara Author: signoretti PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:52 pm
    ----
Hello ~

Thanks so much for your responses Smile

I requested and received the 1884 marriage record from the town of Novara for Ercole Motta and Rita Ravetta. I have also found these wonderful websites that have the baptism records for births in the town of Novara from 1820-1869. I will post the web addresses below.

Through these websites I have found both Ercole Motta and Rita Ravettas birth dates as well as their parents names and their brothers and sisters. I have emailed the Novara diocese for actual copies of their birth records, and am so excited to hear back from them. My gg grandfather Ercole Motta came from of big family of 14 brothers and sisters.

I have looked in the Italian white pages and found some Motta's and Ravetta's living in Novara. I am planning to write them and hopefully connect with some family Smile

Below are the web addresses for Novara baptisms from 1820-1869.

www.novaria.org/siti/A...-18291.htm
www.novaria.org/siti/A...-18391.htm
www.novaria.org/siti/A...0-1849.htm
www.novaria.org/siti/A...0-1859.htm
www.novaria.org/siti/A...0-1869.htm

Any help, suggestions or advice would be wonderful Wink

Thanks ~ E. Signoretti Very Happy

-> Northern Italy