Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Yankee Doodle Dandy
-> General Discussion Groups

#1: Yankee Doodle Dandy Author: tjbrnLocation: North Carolina PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:47 am
    ----
This not really genealogy but I thought I'd drop by and announce that I have officially become a "nonno". My grandson was born July 4th.

#2: Re: Yankee Doodle Dandy Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:20 am
    ----
tjbrn wrote:
This not really genealogy but I thought I'd drop by and announce that I have officially become a "nonno". My grandson was born July 4th.

Don't be daft - of course it's genealogy! It's the start of a new branch to your family tree, even if he is still just a little 'twig'.

But what a super birthdate for your grandson - The Fourth Of July! No one will ever forget THAT birthday will they?

But hey Granddad - you didn't tell us his name(s)!!!

#3: Re: Yankee Doodle Dandy Author: tjbrnLocation: North Carolina PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:46 am
    ----
Joshua, named after his father.

#4: Re: Yankee Doodle Dandy Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:33 am
    ----
tjbrn wrote:
Joshua, named after his father.

A lovely name Tom - in both English and >Italian<Italian...

#5: Re: Yankee Doodle Dandy Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:00 pm
    ----
Auguri Nonno! That's wonderful news! And big hugs and kisses to Joshua!

#6: Re: Yankee Doodle Dandy Author: EmmyLocation: Scotland PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:41 pm
    ----
Tom what wonderful news. Bet you feel as proud as punch.
Just wait until you have Joshua in your arms and he gives you his first smile and better still when he's a wee bit older and says Nonno for the first time.
Something you will never want to forget. Wink
Congratulations to all the family
God Bless
Emmy xx

#7: Re: Yankee Doodle Dandy Author: Cathy PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:23 pm
    ----
Sorry I am late here. Congratulations! You must be so proud and happy! And I second Carole's statement - of course it is genealogy! Very Happy

#8: Re: Yankee Doodle Dandy Author: ElevenLocation: New York PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:12 pm
    ----
Congrats to you and your family. There is nothing..and I mean nothing better in this life than being a grandparent. I think this is why we are born.

I was a bit late getting here. I took 5 of my grandkids to Pennsylvania for a little vacation. I have 13 grandkids (too many to fit in the car).

#9: Re: Yankee Doodle Dandy Author: tjbrnLocation: North Carolina PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:55 pm
    ----
Quote::
There is nothing..and I mean nothing better in this life than being a grandparent. I think this is why we are born.

Must be so. My son sent his mother an embroidered pillow for mother's day with this inscription:

When a child is born,
so is a grandmother.
--Italian Proverb--

#10: Re: Yankee Doodle Dandy Author: ElevenLocation: New York PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:34 pm
    ----
That is so sweet. She is gonna just love her new job!!

#11: Re: Yankee Doodle Dandy Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:26 pm
    ----
Awwwhhhh..so sweet. You guys must be on cloud nine. I know I would be.

-> General Discussion Groups