Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Facebook???
-> General Discussion Groups

#16: Re: Facebook??? Author: EmmyLocation: Scotland PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:29 pm
    ----
What a lovely post MariLouise Very Happy

Quote::
Gente di Mare cannot be matched. AND--what wonderful people!

I agree there's not many forums where people give up their time freely and quickly to help others, and we can all still have a good laugh at times too and over the years members become not just a name but become really good friends too. Very Happy Very Happy

Love and hugs
God Bless
Emmy

#17: Re: Facebook??? Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:10 pm
    ----
Thank you all for such wonderful words. When we started Gente..and many of you will remember the circumstances surrounding that time, we had no idea what would happen. We only knew that we wanted people to have fun while researching and I think thats whats has been happening. Now, I do use facebook..I use it a lot actually for games and as MariLouise said, a secondary network to connect with people but its for a different purpose that Gente is.

#18: Re: Facebook??? Author: MariLouiseLocation: Ohio PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:22 pm
    ----
Nuccia,

You were certainly led in the right direction with Gente di Mare! The difference between desiring something and attaining it comes down simply to choice--and what a choice you, and everyone else on the "team" made by giving birth to Gente! There's always risks involved (ain't that true about life?), but they are certainly worth taking. I'm one of those folks who believe things are meant to happen--there are no coincidences. What a wonderful confluence of like-minded people.

So, as a newbie, I want to extend my deepest gratitude to all of you who make Gente such a warm, welcoming place--and this includes all members. I hope I can be of service in the future.

Grazie--MariLouise Wink

-> General Discussion Groups