Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: No Avitar
-> General Discussion Groups

#1: No Avitar Author: carnieLocation: Barnsley. South Yorks. PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:10 am
    ----
If you don't access the site on a regular basis, does the site dispense with your Avitar ? Mine seems to have gone.
Carnie. xx

#2: Re: No Avitar Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:55 am
    ----
Hi Carnie,
The simple answer is that to the best of my knowledge - NO. You can't lose your avatar.

To check out what 'might' have happened to it means poking around back there in the dark , and Nuccia has told me that I'll get a whap from her slipper if I dig around in the back room. I wouldn't even know where to look anyway.

So in the meantime (til she gets home) if I were you I'd try putting another one onto your profile and see what happens...

#3: Re: No Avitar Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:55 am
    ----
This has happened before here and on other sites. I am not sure if the site is automatically cleaning out the cache or whatever it is. I think it may have to do with the file uploading program (such as imageshack). The links do die after a while and this is why I upload it to my server now. Carnie send me the pic and I will set it up again for you.

#4: Re: No Avitar Author: carnieLocation: Barnsley. South Yorks. PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:27 am
    ----
Thanks Nuccia,
Photo on it's way.
Mike.

#5: Re: No Avitar Author: carnieLocation: Barnsley. South Yorks. PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:28 pm
    ----
The ugly old bugger is back, thanks Nuccia I know it's only on the site to scare the kids. However it is nice to be able to put a face to some of the other Gente folk, and as I have said before we have some pretty good looking women. Yea I know it's down to the Italian genes shame about the men lol.
Mike.

#6: Re: No Avitar Author: JoeBLocation: Chicago Area PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:38 pm
    ----
carnie wrote:
The ugly old bugger is back, thanks Nuccia I know it's only on the site to scare the kids. However it is nice to be able to put a face to some of the other Gente folk, and as I have said before we have some pretty good looking women. Yea I know it's down to the Italian genes shame about the men lol.
Mike.

Your right Carnie. It's good to put a face on our posts so people can see who they are dealing with. So...I did it.

Joe B.

#7: Re: No Avitar Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:41 pm
    ----
Mike..you're so welcome. I uploaded the pic to our server so if it ever happens again we can correct it quickly. Joe that picture is priceless. I love it! Don't you dare remove it!!!!

#8: Re: No Avitar Author: JoeBLocation: Chicago Area PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:54 pm
    ----
Yep, no more ricocheting around on the avatar thing. This is it...this is me. I feel better already. Maybe one more tiny Chianti.

Last edited by JoeB on Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

#9: Re: No Avitar Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:59 pm
    ----
Joe, you crack me up. Although I do have this urge to call you Elton for some reason which I just can't seem to put my finger on. Hmmm...

#10: Re: No Avitar Author: JoeBLocation: Chicago Area PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:04 am
    ----
nuccia wrote:
Joe, you crack me up. Although I do have this urge to call you Elton for some reason which I just can't seem to put my finger on. Hmmm...

Hmmm, maybe I've got to rethink this thing... Cool Cool

#11: Re: No Avitar Author: Cathy PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:09 pm
    ----
Carnie's avatar seems to be missing again....

#12: Re: No Avitar Author: JoeBLocation: Chicago Area PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:49 am
    ----
I can see Carnies Avatar. Joe B.

#13: Re: No Avitar Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:20 am
    ----
You're right - it is! Sheesh..something weird is happening here in cyber space. I'll fix it again using a different method I think.

-> General Discussion Groups