Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Registering Family in Commune of Birth
-> General Discussion Groups

#1: Registering Family in Commune of Birth Author: lilbeesLocation: Georgia, USA PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:36 am
    ----
I just wanted to update all on my Rescigno Family.

After receiving an email from the Italian Consulate in Tunisia informing me I can register my great grandfather and his wife and children in his comune of birth of Roccapiemonte, I finally sent off all the records I have to the consulate for their seal. Final step will be to send the documents to the comune along with their letter to have all registered.

I cannot tell you how elated I am to be able to do this. Roccapiemonte has not been the easiest comune to work with. To have the power of the Italian government behind me to have them all registered there is wonderful. It is like they are all finally coming home. I can only hope that all this research and letter writing can be of assistance to others who are researching our family. I would like to think that some connections would be possible in the future.

lilbees

#2: Re: Registering Family in Commune of Birth Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:23 am
    ----
What a wonderful outcome lilbees and what a wonderful example you have set anyone who follows you.

It just goes to prove that so many 'Jobsworths' in so many govenment offices in Italy, and for that Matter, in America and Canada really don't know what the law is.

It takes people like you, with the dedication and persistence you have shown for so long to show them the right way....

BRAVA - in fact - BRAVISSIMA!

#3: Re: Registering Family in Commune of Birth Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:07 am
    ----
Lilbees

I am so happy for you! It must give you such a sense of satisfaction knowing you were able to accomplish this. I am really proud of you - you are an inspiration to anyone who is trying to do something that everyone says is near impossible. Virtual drinks on me!

#4: Re: Registering Family in Commune of Birth Author: lilbeesLocation: Georgia, USA PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:17 am
    ----
Thanks Nuccia. I also want to especially thank Raffaella (Suanj) for finding the first and most important lead to my family and then to Luca for the ability to have contacts with the Church in the area giving me the names of my great great grandparents and my great uncles. Without these two I would still be lost.

Boy, I could really enjoy a drink. The wait time to receive the Italian stamps on the documents to forward to the comune won't be as bad as waiting for an answer from the comune (which most of the time never came)

Since the family took pride on remaining Italian, even in a foreign country, the story now confirmed by all of this. I treasure all the documents I have and believe me they are all direct ancestors of mine.

My only wish now is to find the strength and money to make that trip to Tunisia to locate the living family members and at least give them love from their family in the US. I have discovered we are quite a bunch. And to think, when I stqrted I felt there were not too many of us.

lilbees

#5: Re: Registering Family in Commune of Birth Author: ricbruLocation: TRENTO - ITALIA PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:08 pm
    ----
Congratulation Lilbees, as I usually say "NEVER GIVE UP, NEVER!"
bye Riccardo

-> General Discussion Groups