Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Help translating document
-> Translations

#91: Re: Help translating document Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:40 am
    ----
Giovanni, born 12 november(?) 1840(?). Father Giorgio Mazzola, 28 farmer. Mother Domenica Benigno, 26. Baptized on the 14th of the same month and year.

#92: Re: Help translating document Author: tjbrnLocation: North Carolina PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:16 am
    ----
I appreciate the quick response Livio. I found two additional records which indicate that two other of my ancestors remarried later: Gaetano Mazzola son of Giorgio and Rosario Monte, who was my maternal grandmother's great grandfather. Unfortunately I clipped off the bottom of both documents when I was photographing them and will have to wait until Thurs when my local FHC opens again. However, this image of the partial record contains the grooms name which I believe to be Rosario Monte, although I am not certain if the given name is really "Rosario".

img376.imageshack.us/i/img2020.jpg/

#93: Re: Help translating document Author: LucaLocation: Terni - Italy PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:31 pm
    ----
liviomoreno wrote:
Giovanni, born 12 november(?) 1840. Father Giorgio Mazzola, 28 farmer. Mother Domenica Benigno, 26. Baptized on the 14th of the same month and year.

Maybe September.

L.

#94: Re: Help translating document Author: LucaLocation: Terni - Italy PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:35 pm
    ----
tjbrn wrote:
...I am not certain if the given name is really "Rosario".

img376.imageshack.us/i/img2020.jpg/

Me too.

#95: Re: Help translating document Author: tjbrnLocation: North Carolina PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:10 pm
    ----
I am going tomorrow to get better images of that document and one other. Maybe additional information will make it clearer. Meanwhile I am waiting for the "Allegati" microfilms to arrive.

#96: Re: Help translating document Author: tjbrnLocation: North Carolina PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:32 pm
    ----
I took more photos of the marriage document for Rosario Monte.

Page 1
img86.imageshack.us/im...sario1.jpg

Page2
img391.imageshack.us/i...ario2.jpg/

#97: Re: Help translating document Author: LucaLocation: Terni - Italy PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:51 pm
    ----
Confused Maybe Rosario, but i'm not sure.

L.

#98: Re: Help translating document Author: tjbrnLocation: North Carolina PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:15 pm
    ----
Are you able to read the other names/dates? I'm having difficulty with them. I'm not completely sure about "Rosario" but, maybe, his deceased wife's name is consistent.

#99: Re: Help translating document Author: LucaLocation: Terni - Italy PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:01 am
    ----
Sorry, but i can't be sure on a few words:

1858, January 30th
Rosario(!) Monte, widow of the late Carmela Allotta(!), 31, born in Belmonte, farmer, living in Belmonte, son of the late Giuseppe and the late Angela Buonca...(!).

L.

#100: Re: Help translating document Author: tjbrnLocation: North Carolina PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:41 am
    ----
Thanks, Luca. I've exhausted the films that I have and I am waiting for more to arrive. I do have one more image that I found yesterday that I may post later.

The bride listed on the second page appears to be Francesca Buttacovoli(?) age 66 but I cannot make out the name of her deceased husband. Father the deceased Giuseppe and mother the deceased Gaetana(?) Scuderi. Rosario's age may be 71. This one was really difficult. I believe that I have reached the end of the line with Giuseppe and Angelica.

Also after reviewing the records I have more carefully, I believe that I have been following the wrong Gaetano Mazzola. The marriage record I have of Stefano Dragotto and Giuseppa Mazzola definitely names Gaetano Mazzola and Filippa Benigno as Giuseppa's parents. The Gaetano Mazzola I have been researching was Giorgio's son; however, I should have been researching Pietro Mazzola's son Gaetano--marriage and birth records I've found for Filippa Beningno correspond perfectly with this approach. I believe that Pietro and Giorgio were brothers and my research linking both to Gaetano Mazzola and Saveria Chinnici remains accurate. I think I am becoming an history detective!

#101: Re: Help translating document Author: LucaLocation: Terni - Italy PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:36 pm
    ----
tjbrn wrote:
Page2
img391.imageshack.us/i...ario2.jpg/

Confused Francesca Buttacavoli(???) widow of the late Stefano Xxxx, 61, born in Belmonte, living in Belmonte, daughter of the late Giuseppe and the late Giuliana(???) Scuderi

#102: Re: Help translating document Author: LucaLocation: Terni - Italy PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:40 pm
    ----
tjbrn wrote:
...Rosario's age may be 71...
Embarassed probabilmente si.

L.

#103: Re: Help translating document Author: tjbrnLocation: North Carolina PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:40 am
    ----
One new microfilm arrived at my FHC yesterday; unfortunately, all the others--Allegati-- were backordered! I did find a few interesting documents.

img18.imageshack.us/i/...zzola.jpg/

#104: Re: Help translating document Author: LucaLocation: Terni - Italy PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:14 am
    ----
1823, May 6th
Groom: Pietro Mazzola, 25, born in Belmonte, farmer, son of Gaetano, 62, farmer, living in Belmonte, and Saveria Chinnici, 51.
Bride: Stefana Allotta, 16, born in Belmonte, daughter of Gaetano (age ?), farmer, living in Belmonte, and Caterina Co..ntino, 55.
The marriage was celebrated the following day.

L.

#105: Re: Help translating document Author: tjbrnLocation: North Carolina PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:49 am
    ----
Thanks, Luca. Gaetano Allotta's age may be 65. The image I have is a little better than the one I posted to image shack. I found another Gaspare Dragotto, the son of the first Gaspare. This birth certificate is for Gaspare's son Ignazio which leads me to believe that the elder Gaspare's father was named Ignazio also. I can't make out Gaspare's wife's name.

img408.imageshack.us/i...gotto.jpg/

-> Translations