Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: brainstorming about my web site
-> General Discussion Groups

#1: brainstorming about my web site Author: Poipu04Location: Connecticut PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:22 pm
    ----
A lot of people e-mail me with a common surname from Celenza and I usually search my e-mail and hook them up with people looking for the same surnames. Is there some way we can skip the middle man (me) on my web site? I can't think of how to approach this or organize it to make it easier. Any suggestions? Or should I just make spreadsheet of something for my own reference and when someone contacts me, I can more easily tell them who else is searching their surname.

Sorry I have been sooooo delinquent in posting!

#2: Re: brainstorming about my web site Author: Cathy PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:44 pm
    ----
Poipu,
I love the spreadsheet idea! Excel's search and sort capabilities will work well for this. I would do like a surname database (Like Nuccia has here) in Excel. Then you can sort and replace, etc. to perform your searches. It may take some time to set up but once you do it will be easy to add after that.

#3: Re: brainstorming about my web site Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:41 am
    ----
The spreadsheet is a very good idea. Try it and see if it works for you.

#4: Re: brainstorming about my web site Author: Poipu04Location: Connecticut PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:04 pm
    ----
Thanks, ladies! Would you do this for your own personal use or would you post it? I am thinking that I probably should not post it with links to people unless they gave me their permission.

#5: Re: brainstorming about my web site Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:00 am
    ----
I agree with that Lori. Always ask permission first. Better safe than sorry.

#6: Re: brainstorming about my web site Author: Cathy PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:26 am
    ----
Agreed - not without permission.

#7: Re: brainstorming about my web site Author: Poipu04Location: Connecticut PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:57 pm
    ----
Yeah that is what I was thinking. Ok, I will add that on the "to do list." Thanks ladies Wink

-> General Discussion Groups